Request memory-overclocking article.

Since memory have little impact on performance, and considering that increased memory clocks and voltages increase CPU heat, because increases uncore heat, I found better CPU overclocking with the memory set as low speed as possible, and even undervolted.

But undervolting set my memory unstable. I reached higher core clocks, but after running heavy tests, it crashed.

Motherboards makers do not give good attention to underclocking/undervolting RAM. And also memory manufacturers don't care about undervolting memory. Only on high clocks.

I want articles on overclocking with undervolted, and underclocked ram.

If they use i7920 + Asus P6t, better.

Maybe it causes new BIOS patches, a and better attention from mother+memory manufacturers.
4 answers Last reply
More about request memory overclocking article
  1. Try using the memory dividers (also called ratios) in the bios. I try to get the same fsb as the maximum the memory is rated at. My modem crashes above 240 fsb (for the cpu fsb) even when the memory speed is correct, so that is my limit.
  2. Contrary to popular belief, memory speeds make very little difference in system performance And given that improper setup - even by small amounts - can be a significant source of data corruption and system instability, I do not recommend overclocking memory under any circumstances.
  3. Scotteq said:
    Contrary to popular belief, memory speeds make very little difference in system performance And given that improper setup - even by small amounts - can be a significant source of data corruption and system instability, I do not recommend overclocking memory under any circumstances.

This is about underclocking, not overclocking memory.

The purpose is to overclock the processor.
  4. o1die said:
    Try using the memory dividers (also called ratios) in the bios. I try to get the same fsb as the maximum the memory is rated at. My modem crashes above 240 fsb (for the cpu fsb) even when the memory speed is correct, so that is my limit.

Yes the mininumun speed I can achieve is 800 on the P6T, but as I raise the bus clock, or wathever it is named now, memory also raises.

It looks like Asus never tought useful to underclock a memory module under 800.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking