[Gigabyte] USB Keyboard Problem on Gigabyte Motherboard

fahadzaman

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Hello All, :hello:

I have a GA-MA785GPM-UD2H Motherboard with an AMD Phenom II 955, Everything works fine, but my keyboard goes off now and then and comes back on, its quite annoying and irritating when it goes off while typing or playing a game. I have tried installing new drivers, but the problem didn't go away. I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit and i have Windows Xp on another Hard disk, it has the same problem. I changed my keyboard several times, it didn't stop. I even tried different USB ports. My USB mouse and other USB Peripherals are working fine, its just the keyboard. Can anyone help me? :cry:

Note: Its a normal Plug-and-play keyboard, brandless. Cant find branded ones in our country and its quite expensive. Other brandless keyboards work fine with other computers, new and old.

And it went off twice while i was writing this! :fou:

Thanks
Fahad

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Noticed you have tried different keyboards, do you have other usb devices in use and software for those?
I'd have to guess you have usb keyboard enabled in bios right?
Motherboard is rather new any chance of a short on mounting the board or possibly one or several tabs from backplate bent under?
Hard to believe the usb controller is flaking out already.
The keyboard interrupt is usually exclusive, any chance of a resource confilct?

fahadzaman

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Haven't tried front panels yet, other peripherals are working fine. My mouse is cheap and doesnt have a driver and its working fine. if i switch the ports, it doesnt go away. the ports are fine because i've plugged in other devices (mouse, ipod, external hdd) and they work fine. i guess i'll have to try another keyboard with a driver cd or something.

thanks guys.

dishjo

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Same probleme for me with MA785GM-US2H, problem to boot, alway show me option boot with windows 7. when i disconnect keyboad all is ok. i have try with usb and ps/2 keyboard.

the problem is in the bios... new board, yesterday was ok, today...... bad....

Michel

siddhupb

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
siddhupb@gmail.com

Hello Fahad,

Did you find any solution for this? I have a similar issue with my Gigabyte Motherboard GA-8I865GME-775. My keyboard stops functioning and comes back after sometime. Everything works fine, but the issue is only with my keyboard. I have tried installing new drivers, but the problem didn't go away. I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit. I changed my keyboard several times, but did not help.

I have also tried changing the keyboards.

Pleae let me know if anyone has a solution or have come across such situation and have resolved the issue.

Regards,
Siddhu

Email: siddhupb@gmail.com

screensavers, utorrent