Sign in with
Your question

How to reboot computer after power failure

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
October 20, 2009 1:25:11 PM

An ad took over my computer stating I should get anti-virus protection. Then it started a scan of its own. I cut the battery and power right way. I have done this before without problems. Now the computer will not reboot under any option it provides. I switched to Google as my homepage and seems to be getting unwanted ads and popups, ten times more than I had at MSN. I switched because Msn was real slow booting up. Thanks. JT
October 20, 2009 1:47:24 PM

Quote:
An ad took over my computer stating I should get anti-virus protection.

You've been nagged by malware in all likelyhood - dont pay attention to these fake ads! Don't download anything or let anything run from unknown sources on the internet - or you'll be infected really quick.

Probably you have been infected, so this is a windows issue.

I'm sorry, but you made a big mistake by clicking on that ad. Try to get some real antivirus/antimalware or reinstall your operating system.
October 24, 2009 5:50:51 AM

I recommend getting AVG, even the Free version is pretty sweet, and you get the Internet Security Version free for a month which will get rid of most everything wrong with your pc (nothing gets rid of EVERYTHING). After the 30 days just switch to free edition, it's what I do.
!