Sign in with
Your question
Solved

OCZ Vertex 2 - Low WEI Score, but AHCI is enabled..?

Last response: in Storage
April 21, 2011 11:45:28 PM

I'm getting a 5.9 for the disk drive in WEI

Bios say AHCI
Registry (msahci) is "0"

trim seems to be enabled ( "fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify" returns "0" )

What am I missing?

CPU: 2500K @ 4.9
Mobo: P67 TUF
ssd: OCZ Vertex 2 (drive letter C)

I have a raptor at (drive letter B), it's not using that, is it?

edit: found my own solution - use the intel SATAII ports. I was plugged into the marvel 6g ports. Switching to the 3g sata ports bumped my WEI up to 7.5.

I'm seeing transfer rates over 200mb/s now

sorry for the premature post

the other thing I read is to use Intel's drivers instead of MS's? Except I can't figure out which intel drivers I need
a c 283 G Storage
April 22, 2011 12:57:04 AM

I see you changed things while I was typing. I was just getting ready to say the first three screens you posted were for a Western Digital hard drive disk. They were not for an OCZ Vertex 2.
m
l
April 22, 2011 1:07:17 AM

JohnnyLucky said:
I see you changed things while I was typing. I was just getting ready to say the first three screens you posted were for a Western Digital hard drive disk. They were not for an OCZ Vertex 2.

Yeah I realized the HDtune was run on my Raptor and not the Vertex.

I don't know what the bench would have looked like for the Vertex before switching ports, but the WEI score jumped up by 1.6

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 353 G Storage
April 22, 2011 2:23:32 AM

Link takes you to Intel download pg. Select Win 7 64 Bit (or other if diff), then selct Drivers (5). Top 2. 1st is RST matric and 2nd one is for F6 ahci driver (they are version 10.1)
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...
April 29, 2011 1:27:09 AM

Best answer selected by adamt19.
m
l
!