IBM Thinkpad R40 - Keyboard

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 29, 2004 11:14:17 AM

Hello,

I recently got my hands on an IBM Thinkpad R40.

I am having great difficulty trying to get Windows XP Professional to
MAP / SUPPORT the keyboard correctly.

No matter what REGION i set (ie UK, US etc) none of the keys on the
keyboard actually do what they say they do when you press them. A lot
of keys have 2 or 3 functions to them.

For example, if you press the "=" key, you get a "?" instead.

Are there specifc drivers for these IBM models to overcome this?

TIA

John
Anonymous
a b D Laptop