My program fails to create start-menu folder

July 15, 2004 5:01:48 PM

I have this problem with WinXP.
When i install programs, which indicate that a start-menu
folder will be created, i find out that the folder is not
created.
I suspect the problem started when i had a virus scare on
my PC, plus i had to run a system troubleshooter to clear
the problems i now had on my system.
Quite a couple of drivers, registry entries,etc were
changed and it took quite some good internet searching as
well as some background knowledge to solve the pieces one
after the other, e.g my media players were all crashing
for over a month, my CD drive refused to autoplay, at
times the PC would not connect to the internet while other
PCs on the network are connected to the internet, among
other problems.
This problem of not creating a startmenu folder has
appeared with all the programs i've installed since that
time (as a matter of fact, the time when the problem first
appeared, it removed almost half of my startmenu folders
and shortcuts)
I will be very grateful if someone knows why this is
happening and can help me to solve it.
Thanks
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 10:45:55 PM