Sign in with
Your question

Computer turns on but no display!

Last response: in Windows XP
December 30, 2011 1:01:59 PM

Hello

I dont know much about computers but i will try to tell you as much as i can. I cant tell you all the specs right now as nothing will even display on the monitor, i do know that it has a nvidia 7025 graphics card and 1gb of ram(sorry i dont know to much about computers).

Ok so today when i turned on the computer there was a never-ending beep that went like this, beeep-beeep-beeep. I quickly googled what this beep code meant and found out i had an AWARD bios, the problem was something to do with the ram so i removed the ram and reinserted it. Now when I restart the computer the beep code has disappeared but the problem still persists, nothing displays on my monitor and the led on it just stays orange.

I have no idea what the problem could be, any help is appreciated please!

More about : computer turns display

December 30, 2011 1:06:36 PM

omgpro said:
Hello

I dont know much about computers but i will try to tell you as much as i can. I cant tell you all the specs right now as nothing will even display on the monitor, i do know that it has a nvidia 7025 graphics card and 1gb of ram(sorry i dont know to much about computers).

Ok so today when i turned on the computer there was a never-ending beep that went like this, beeep-beeep-beeep. I quickly googled what this beep code meant and found out i had an AWARD bios, the problem was something to do with the ram so i removed the ram and reinserted it. Now when I restart the computer the beep code has disappeared but the problem still persists, nothing displays on my monitor and the led on it just stays orange.

I have no idea what the problem could be, any help is appreciated please!

How old is your computer & monitor ? Can you get another monitor & plug it in or plug your monitor into another computer (a friends maybe) ?
Check for loose monitor connections and remove graphics card, remove dust, and reseat ?
December 30, 2011 1:09:53 PM

ksiemb said:
How old is your computer & monitor ? Can you get another monitor & plug it in or plug your monitor into another computer (a friends maybe) ?
Check for loose monitor connections and remove graphics card, remove dust, and reseat ?

The monitor is working(its the one i am using to to post on these forums using my own computer), ive tried removing the graphics card and resetting but that doesnt work either.

Edit:
Not sure how old the pc is, it was bought from a friend in early 2010.
Related resources
December 30, 2011 1:28:15 PM

omgpro said:
The monitor is working(its the one i am using to to post on these forums using my own computer), ive tried removing the graphics card and resetting but that doesnt work either.

Edit:
Not sure how old the pc is, it was bought from a friend in early 2010.

you said in previous post:
Now when I restart the computer the beep code has disappeared but the problem still persists, nothing displays on my monitor and the led on it just stays orange.

I assumed from that the monitor was not working
December 30, 2011 1:39:55 PM

ksiemb said:
you said in previous post:
Now when I restart the computer the beep code has disappeared but the problem still persists, nothing displays on my monitor and the led on it just stays orange.

I assumed from that the monitor was not working

I have my own PC which I am using to type at this very moment and I have another which is the one im trying to fix, I only have one monitor though which is why I am switching the wires from both PC's back and fourth to use these forums and check the faulty processor for display.

Edit: anyways thanks for the help so far, its almost 4am in the morning here so i need to get some sleep but ill definitely be back on when i wakeup, cheers.
!