Ptgd1-la motherboard removal

Solution
There are no soldered wires going to the board. Just remove the connectors, and make a diagram as you go. The 9 pin case lead should work on most none hp boards; I had to offset the empty spaces so they hung out away from the pins to get all the case lights and power switch working. I recommend a newer geniune hp board if you want to run a newer cpu. But check your backplate and see if the port openings are the same as your new board. They can be ordered off hp's website if needed. The 965 and g31 boards work well with newer core2 duo cpus, and will let you use your hp windows cd or dvd to reinstall windows.
There are no soldered wires going to the board. Just remove the connectors, and make a diagram as you go. The 9 pin case lead should work on most none hp boards; I had to offset the empty spaces so they hung out away from the pins to get all the case lights and power switch working. I recommend a newer geniune hp board if you want to run a newer cpu. But check your backplate and see if the port openings are the same as your new board. They can be ordered off hp's website if needed. The 965 and g31 boards work well with newer core2 duo cpus, and will let you use your hp windows cd or dvd to reinstall windows.

Solution

John Wolfram

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks for the reply. Knowing there were no soldered connection I was able to remove the motherboard.
John Wolfram