Best Cooling Solution CM HAF 912

I will be buying a system with the case being the cooler master haf 912. I will have a power hungry graphics card, being the gtx 580. I know already that I will be getting rather hot, and I need to figure out the best AIR cooling solution to keep the whole system cool. It has to be really effective.
I have been doing a lot of research and am still rather confused.
I have read countless topics on different forums, and everyone has their own OPINION.
Some say, that I should only have intake in the front, and have no fans that take out the air. I think that is wrong..

I know the case comes with two 120mm fans. They recommend having one in the front and one in the back. There is also a spot for a fan at the top, and on the side as well.

Now here are the questions :

Where should I put the stock fans that come with the case?
Should I buy any extra fans?
If I buy any fans, what sizes should they be?
Do I need fans for the side and top?
If yes, the top should be intake or exhaust?
Should the side be intake or exhaust? I think it should be an intake, for the gpu is close to the side. ( I could be wrong)
If I need to buy any other case fans, how many?
Can the stock fans keep my system cool?

If I need anymore fans:
I do not need any fans with led, and the color does not matter either.
I need the fans to cool well, but they also have to be rather quiet. I don't want it to sound like a jet is taking off in my room.
They can produce some noise, but seriously minimal.

Hopefully, I can come up with a strong cooling solution!
4 answers Last reply
More about best cooling solution
  1. The stock fans come installed, one in front and one in back. There are actually six 120mm fan positions in the HAF 912 -- two front, one side, two top, and one rear.

My HAF 912 has six Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F fans (the two stock fans I have sitting in the box as backups). You wouldn't like these fans as they are fairly noisy, but I like them as they push a good amount of air. I have them set up as three intake (two in front and one in side) and three exhaust (two on top and one in rear). My CPU is cooled by a water cooling loop, but I kept all the fans in because they keep the rest of the components cooler.

The fans you should buy are sized 120mm x 25mm.
  2. Seems like they are not at newegg and may not be restocked.
    Can you recommend fans that are alike to yours?
    And I was also thinking..
    Should I switch out the two 120mm fans for one 200mm fan? Or do the 2 120mm fans cool better?
  3. I found these fans at newegg while searching for good fans for cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052

For $15 you get 4 fans. Plus the two fans that come with the case. So you have 6 fans which I think is really good. I did not want to go over $10 but if 4 fans are $15 it seems like a really good deal, knowing that one fan costs up to $10.
    Now the question is, are these fans any good? Would it be smart to have 6 fans cooling the system? Or should I just buy an extra one or two fans that cost more.
    Hm..
  4. Those fans are probably equivalent to the two stock fans that come with the case. That's a really good deal, because then you could fill all of the fan locations like I did.

Three intakes:
    2x front
    1x side

Three exhausts:
    2x top
    1x rear

I recommend that four-pack, definitely.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Overclocking Product