SynapticVesicle

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
I overclocked my Phenom II X3 740 to around 3.5 ghz. I increased my vcore to 1.5 and my cpu/nb to 1.375 since I failed at around 8 hours of large ffts in prime95 with 1.36 cpu/nb. My ram is at around 1200-1250 mhz but is 1333mhz ram and it is clocked at auto. My HT is at 2100-2150mhz and my NB frequency is at a little over 2600 mhz. I have 4 sticks of ram so I increased the nb voltage to 1.2. I also increased my ram voltage to 1.65 or 1.7. I passed all prime95 tests going 8-12 hours.

When I was playing mass effect 2 I got a BSOD that said irql_not_less_or_equal. When the computer restarted it said I had BCCode: a; and adobe flash had a popup to update. I read somewhere that irql_not_less_or_equal might have to do with a process showing up with higher priority than a game you're playing causing the BSOD which makes me think adobe flash update caused the problem. I heard BCCode: a is from low vcore or cpu/nb voltage but I have both of mine pretty high and even decreased my OC.

Sorry for such a long description but I didn't want to leave anything out. I was wondering what you think the problem is and how I can fix it. How can I keep random updates from BSODing my system if that is the issue?

BTW I have a asus m4n75td motherboard and a 650W power supply and 2 gts 250's in sli.

Solution

Agree, can be a RAM issue.... or the BIOS setting of RAM frequency....

map01ch

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

Agree, can be a RAM issue.... or the BIOS setting of RAM frequency....

Solution

SynapticVesicle

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Ok I will test the RAM. I think it may have something to do with Mass Effect 2 though. I've been doing a lot of gaming and ever since I patched Mass Effect 2 I had a BSOD and a freeze within 5 minutes of each other then the other BSOD recently. I haven't had any BSOD while playing any other game or at any other time either.

SynapticVesicle

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
I think I have smart fan disabled and I just installed the newest drivers. I had the problem before the newest drivers and had it with the new drivers. I don't see any CPU temp warning but my CPU temp is always under 48C.

I'm going to see if it happens again while I play another game and then post in here again. I think it is an issue with Mass Effect 2.
I appreciate the help.

SynapticVesicle

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Well I BSOD'd with World of Warcraft too!
I just went back and used my multiplier instead of messing with the FSB. I used a 17.5 multiplier and kept my voltages the same and left everything else. I haven't had any issues yet but I'll keep you updated.
Thanks again.