Sign in with
Your question

BELKIN G ROUTER F5D7632-4

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
January 21, 2010 4:04:58 PM

HI IVE BOUGHT A BELKIN G ROUTER F5D7632-4 ON EBAY AND I CANT GET IT TO WORK ON MY MAC IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT MY MAC FINDS IT BUT I CANT FIND THE NETWORK KEY ANY WHERE SO I CAN TYPE IN THE PASSWORD AND I HOPEFULLY SHOULD BE ON MY WAY IVE LOOKED THROUGH THE MANUAL BUT I CANT SEE NOTHING ALSO IVE LOOKED ALL OVER THE ROUTER TO TRY SEE IF I CAN SEE THE NETWORK KEY BUT NOTHING SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME ASAP PLEASE THANKS

More about : belkin router f5d7632

Anonymous
January 21, 2010 6:56:19 PM

You may need a PC with an ethernet cable to address the router's user interface and discover (or reset) the wireless security passphrase.

I would start by checking the manual for the router's IP address and user interface login procedure -- once you have that and the IP address, if you can't get past the user interface Username and Password, press the reset button on the case as the previous owner may have changed the default password or IP address.

Once it's set up via the PC it should work with the Mac. Bear in mind that there are oddities in the way Apple names wireless security standards and some older Apples only support WEP.
m
l
!