8600gt won't leave the motherboard

redscorpion123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
as you can see i have a HP m9250f

and i can't seem to take out the 8600gt, i've unscrewed the screw, tried yanking it out so many times and i found a mini lever on the back, i tried that but it still wouldn't budge

does anyone know how i can take it out?

btw the motherboard is ASUS IPIBL-LB

redscorpion123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
that's what i did but it still won't budge

here's a photo of my motherboard

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01324212#

you see that PCI E black line there, and there seems to be a mini black lever, is that it?

i've tried pulling it up and down which way is it?

NOOOO... don't pull it up or down.... if the motherboard is in front of you you pull it towards you......

Just pull..you will be fine.....it cannot be stuck unless there is a lever that needs to be lowered or raised to release the card...

redscorpion123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
ok so basically my desktop is laying on it's side, and only the right side opens up, kinda the opposite to other computers so the pwoer supply is on the top right of the desktop and graphic card is under it so you probably understand now

ok the clamp only goes up and down that's it, no matter how hard i try, it won't budge, i tried looking at some youtube videos, those were way too easy, i'm trying to copy them but with no such luck

it's suppose to be easy, i don't know why it's not coming out

i wasted like 5 hours on this

if you have any information please share

TimeWarrior

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
You've probably checked but at the back of the case is it screwed down? (i.e DVI/DSUB end of the card) If so remove that screw. Otherwise some cards and boards are grippier than others. have you tried wiggling it end to end as you pull (not side to side).

redscorpion123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
the weird thing about this case is that there is no screw that is horizontal, it's vertical when the case is standing, there are no screws that i can see that might be holding this card behind

it's so hard to pull out, when the case is sideways, the force it took me to pull was so intense like when i pull on the graphic card, the whole case came up too and believe me no components were taken out

am i suppose to use a stronger force or less force

i'm pretty sure i'm doing this wrong since i looked up on google and no person so far had this problem that has this motherboard and case also

redscorpion123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
@ edeawillrule

that's exactly what i've been doing, maybe i've said it wrong but that's what i was talking about, i was tlaking about it going up and down probably my case was standing up, i tried bending it all the way to the left, all the way to the right, but with no such luck

but i'll try harder to see if there's another problem

but for the meantime, you know at the back of the graphics card, you know how there are hdmi, and vga plugs that go into that graphic card and they're usually in this silver/chrome colour and sortof rectangular shaped

do they have anything that's holding on to the graphics card?

plz and thank you

Dude i would yank the crap out of it... when i say pull i mean PUUULLLL!!!!!!! lol

But if should not require much force to un-latch..... this is kinda wierd.....

Look closely at the pci slot and make sure that you do not have a lever holding it in place.... if the bracket screw is removed then all i can say is PULL!!!! it should not break nor damage anything.....

redscorpion123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
quick question, am i suppose to take out this screw?

http://img149.imageshack.us/i/p1020859.jpg/

i'm thinking it'ss the main problem cause it's right beside the video card, TV tuner etc

redscorpion123

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
ok i found out the problem, you see that screw that i didn't take out?

that was the problem, it's blocking the video card

thx for your help people

You are a Troll, trust me thats worse than a noob.........

I remember back when you called me a spammer, to this date I have not seen one post of yours directed towards helping someone out......Nor have I seen you post anything positive... Why do you come here to Toms in the first place?

successful_troll

Distinguished
May 5, 2009

You are a spammer, trust me thats worse than a Troll.........

You cannot deny that you are not a spammer… 1700 post in one mouth that is creepy....

I come to Tomshardware just to have fun. Also trolls never help other people and never post something positive.