MSI FX790 GD70

dogga786

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
hi i just finished putting my first pc together but when i push power from case it doesnt work but
mobo power turns green but when i push it ,it starts mobo for few secs it says ff on led and shut off
specs are below
cpu -amd Phenom llx4 965 be deneb 140v retail
gpu- sapphire hd 5770 1gb gddr5 (installed on first pci slotnear cpu)
RAM- ddr3 3x2gb g skill 1333 (pc10666) 1.5v-1.6v Model F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK
power supply ultra 650w modular (connected 24pin to mobo, 8pin 12v to mobo ,two sata for hard drive and optical drive ,one molex which is connected to two case fans and gpu (gpu came with molex to pcie coneector)
pc case cooler master storm scout
I think i installed front panel wires correctly still daubtfull (i read the manaul over again )

i can post pics of my pc to show u where i connected wires n stuff
ASAP help wanna play games on it this weekends so please help

Carefully remove the motherboard out of the case. Place it on a non conductive surface, such as a phonebook or cardboard box. Have just the cpu/heatsink, one stick of ram, video, and keyboard installed. No optical or hardrives yet. Connect the power supply leads to the board and video card if required. Remove the ps from the case if it won't reach. Then use a flathead plain screwdriver and touch the pin cluster with the power switch lead until the system turns on. Use a "f" key listed on the post screen to enter the bios. Change the boot order to cd>hardrive, set the ram voltage if needed (check your ram specs on the label or the manufacturer's website), then save and exit. After you turn it off, carefully reinstall the board inside the case, but first check the backplate and make sure it's square with the case and any extra metal is bent out of the way so it doesn't interfere with the device wires you install. And move all extra case and ps wires out of the way before mounting, tieing them down if necessary so they don't make contact with the board circuitry under the board.

dogga786

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
cpu phase 4 blue lights
memory phase 1 blue light
sys phase 1 blue light
hdd 1 red light
tried using only one memory stick and
GPU changed to xfx hd 3650 and xfx hd 4670(instead of sapphire hd 57700cuz it doesnt have integrated
is it because i m using wrong ram gskill(compatible with icore7 1333 1.5v-1.6v
itnstead of 1.5v ram
and wut r the reasons of not initialize cpu
cuz ff error = power on initialize cpu (how to do that)
any solutions

dogga786

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
thnaks for the help its working now
ff means fully functional that means board is functioning
i couldn't start it because of lose screws i guess after reinstalling to the case it starts perfectly my first pc done now assembling one for my brother thanks for your help

taylorhuston

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2007
Hi. Could you give me more information on how you fixed this? I have almost the exact same build, same mobo and processory, 2x2gb of g skill ddr3 pc1600 ram, and a 700w power supply.

Ive never installed it in a case, breadboarding it on a phonebook, cant get any post.

Even with just the cpu and heatsink on it, makes no post beeps. Tried two different video cards (ati 5850 and an old nvidia 7600gt that I know works) nothing on screen. Tried 1 stick of ram in each slot, no difference.

Also, the CPU doesn't seem to be heating up at all. Even after messing with it for an hour, i took off the heatsink and the cpu was ice cold.

dogga786

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010

yea jus wanna know few things is your power supply modular? and if u have spare ddr3 ram? and have u tried clearing cmos to do that unplugg power supply cord and press clr cmos button for 5 secs on the board and let me know if any progress