Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI w/ OCZ Blade ram

vaerax

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
I decided to upgrade the memory on my gaming computer. Like a tard, I just grabbed the fastest, best reviewed memory I saw online (for the price) without checking for compatability. That wound up being OCZ DDR2 PC2-9600 Blade 1200MHz SDRAM. I told a friend of mine, and he told me that that ram wouldn't work on my motherboard b/c my motherboard only went up to 800MHz memory. My understanding was that 800MHz is technically the highest memory, and that anything higher than that is just factory overclocked... or something? Will this ram work on my computer, or do I need something slower?

I have an Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.4GHz (not overclocked), and I'm dual booting to either Vista (32bit) or XP Pro, depending on if I'm gaming (Vista tends to eat more resources than xp pro for whatever the reason). Any advise would be welcomed.

My Windows Experience Index Rating is 5.0... but if my memory was better, it'd be a 5.9. That seemed to be the best way to upgrade my computer for the cost.

vaerax

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
The version I got is the extra low voltage; supposedly it is optimized for ivo 1.8-1.9, and increasing voltage won't help. Not that it matters, since comet still hasn't sent me the ram....