Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI + OCZ Blade (1200MHz)

vaerax

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
I have an Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI motherboard. My CPU is an intel core2 quad core @ 2.4ghz. Nothing is overclocked; everything is at factory specs. I'm running 32 bit vista b/c that's what it had when I bought it and I'm not paying to upgrade.

I have 2gb of decent memory, but I wanted to upgrade my computer and the memory was the weak link (5.0 on windows experience index, when everything else but hard drive was 5.9 (hard drive=5.4). I went online and found some great bang-for-buck DDR2 memory, OCZ DDR2 PC2-9600 1200MHz SDRAM. It's in the mail. The problem is that a friend of mine told me that my motherboard can't handle that ram b/c it's too fast, and that my motherboard was only rated for ram up to 800mhz.

Does this mean that when I plug in the memory it won't work, it will work but not as well as it otherwise would, or what? Should I send it back and go for some cheaper, slower memory? If a concensus is reached quickly I can change the order before it ships, since I just ordered it yesterday.

vaerax

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
I accidently posted this twice b/c the first time I tried to post it it said something about "Flood detected" and that it wasn't allowing me to post... sorry. I don't know how to cancel the post, but if an admin sees this please cancel it.