Sign in with
Your question

Pls help with regard to my pC

Last response: in Windows XP
December 31, 2011 6:11:30 AM

I have PC of configuration P4 Intel Board 1GB ram, my problem is the pc's CMOS settings (all except very few) are not enabled i.e I can't change the settings. Is this BIOS failure ? and when I try to install Xp after all files are copied and when the system is about to restart it immediatlely shows the blue screen and I had tried it for recovery console also and fixmbr also. but all my effort vanished. I cant even find any way for this. So Pls help me in this regard. I thanks you in advance for ur help? Pls urgent?????

Natraj

More about : pls regard

December 31, 2011 7:45:43 PM

I would first run a thorough memory test using something like Memtest86. After insuring there are no memory issues I would re-flash the BIOS with the latest update. Then I would try installing XP again.
m
l
January 2, 2012 6:36:01 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
I would first run a thorough memory test using something like Memtest86. After insuring there are no memory issues I would re-flash the BIOS with the latest update. Then I would try installing XP again.

Hi, How to memory test using Memtest86 pls guide?
m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2012 6:02:36 PM

please BE SURE that you put the Hard Drive on "Compatibility" mode in BIOS, which was defaulted to "AHCI" (Compatibility is also known as IDE)

1. Press F2 when booting up the computer
2. Select 'Config', then 'Serial ATA (SATA)'
3. Change controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE'
m
l
January 2, 2012 6:46:43 PM

jksatya said:
please BE SURE that you put the Hard Drive on "Compatibility" mode in BIOS, which was defaulted to "AHCI" (Compatibility is also known as IDE)

1. Press F2 when booting up the computer
2. Select 'Config', then 'Serial ATA (SATA)'
3. Change controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE'

Hey jksatya, please reread the original question. XP is finding the hard drive and copying files, but THEN it blue screens. If this was a SATA compatibility problem he would not have gotten that far. . .
m
l
January 2, 2012 6:53:56 PM

natrajsrtmk said:
Hi, How to memory test using Memtest86 pls guide?

Sorry about that; I assumed you would search for Memtest86, find it, read the instructions, and be done! ;) 

OK, enough sarcasm! You can download it from this website: www.memtest.org/

You can either download an ISO image to burn a bootable CD (my preference), or download a tool to make a bootable USB drive. Whichever you choose, boot into Memtest86 and let it run at least one full pass, or better yet, overnight.
m
l
January 4, 2012 4:31:40 AM

My PC not showing any cmos options i.e I cant change them any way? What is the problem. Is it Bios failure or Processor failure? Pls clarify me
m
l
January 4, 2012 6:13:07 PM

I have already given you the steps I would take to try to determine that.
m
l
!