Pls help with regard to my pC

natrajsrtmk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I have PC of configuration P4 Intel Board 1GB ram, my problem is the pc's CMOS settings (all except very few) are not enabled i.e I can't change the settings. Is this BIOS failure ? and when I try to install Xp after all files are copied and when the system is about to restart it immediatlely shows the blue screen and I had tried it for recovery console also and fixmbr also. but all my effort vanished. I cant even find any way for this. So Pls help me in this regard. I thanks you in advance for ur help? Pls urgent?????

Natraj

natrajsrtmk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

Hi, How to memory test using Memtest86 pls guide?

jksatya

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
please BE SURE that you put the Hard Drive on "Compatibility" mode in BIOS, which was defaulted to "AHCI" (Compatibility is also known as IDE)

1. Press F2 when booting up the computer
2. Select 'Config', then 'Serial ATA (SATA)'
3. Change controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE'

Hey jksatya, please reread the original question. XP is finding the hard drive and copying files, but THEN it blue screens. If this was a SATA compatibility problem he would not have gotten that far. . .

Sorry about that; I assumed you would search for Memtest86, find it, read the instructions, and be done! ;)

OK, enough sarcasm! You can download it from this website: www.memtest.org/

You can either download an ISO image to burn a bootable CD (my preference), or download a tool to make a bootable USB drive. Whichever you choose, boot into Memtest86 and let it run at least one full pass, or better yet, overnight.