Weird Internet/PC crashing problems

G

Hi guys

I just wanted to ask for a wee bit of advice.

My brand new PC has started have a really weird habit.

The spec is : I5 OC'd from 2.67 to 3.61Ghz (Zalman Cooler on top to prevent any overheating - highest temp seen is around 60C per core), 8GB DDR3 RAM, ATI 4890 1GB DDR5 graphics, 500GB harddrive OS is 64-bit Vista Home Prem and everything else pretty much standard.

However, after a length of time, my Internet goes down on both FireFox and IE, no other programs will open and I cannot restart/shut down normally at all. I have no choice other than to push reset button. Afterwards, it's OK but it has happened a fair few times now.

I really don't know what is causing this apart from the OC could be unstable. One thing I have noticed is my hard drive changes the amount of GB very often - I have lost 9GB last week and nothing has been downloaded, etc.

I have Avast Anti Virus, Zone Alarm firewall, Malware Bytes as a back up to Windows Defender so I should have plenty of protection from anything nasty creeping onto the PC.

Any thoughts would be nice.

Slash1975

G

Oh

This has got me slightly concerned!

The place I bought it from overclocked it for me at my request. The main use for the PC was for a few decent games hence high spec graphics but mainly for PokerStars, Internet Browsing and University coursework.

Yes, the PC is high spec for that but I wanted something future proofed for at least 4 years+ and I thought an i5 OC'd to around 3.2Ghz would be OK. The shop did it to 3.61Ghz and everything, so they said, was fine.

I am a total novice when it comes to messing around with the hardware side of things so it may have to go back.

Do you think that OCing is a cause of this?

Slash1975