i hope its right category for my problem.
i cant acitvate/enable AHCI mode in BIOS. or i can, but after that my PC just freezes after welcome screen and only thing that helps is resetting my motherboard.
i already tried that registry change thing (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/61869-ahci-enable-...) and after that activating AHCI without any luck.
i really want to get the best out of my SSD, but its stats are now like these http://www.upload.ee/image/1216642/skriin.jpg
there is also that '31k bad' issue, but i havent got that SSD alignement tool either, cause Paragons website is offering me only 32-bit demo which i just can install/use. and that problems should be the reason for that AHCI problem anyway.
i'm out of ideas and getting really desperate already
If you install Windows and THEN change from IDE to AHCI (or vice versa) then Windows won't be able to boot because it doesn't have the right drivers loaded. You can fix this as follows:
1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
3) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide
5) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
6) Shut down
7) Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.
When Windows starts, it will detect the change, load new disk drivers, and do one more reboot to start up with them.