Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this keep me cool???

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 23, 2011 4:59:32 AM

I am going with the i7-2600k OC'ed to 20% or more through CyberPowerPC.com, along with a GTX 580 3GB graphics card. Will the Asetek 570LX water cooling system be sufficient enough to keep me cool? Or should I look for something that would be better? Thanks!

More about : cool

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2011 5:53:34 AM

I don't know that system, so I'm going to say "no". A good air cooler that's reliable is better than a cheap water cooling solution that can start leaking in the middle of a gaming session. If you're set on water cooling, look into the Corsair H-series. H50 is a good place to start, but the H70 or H100 are better picks. The H100 is actually a really good pick, it's a great cooler with excellent performance for a not-so-huge price.
August 23, 2011 12:42:06 PM

Toxxyc said:
I don't know that system, so I'm going to say "no". A good air cooler that's reliable is better than a cheap water cooling solution that can start leaking in the middle of a gaming session. If you're set on water cooling, look into the Corsair H-series. H50 is a good place to start, but the H70 or H100 are better picks. The H100 is actually a really good pick, it's a great cooler with excellent performance for a not-so-huge price.


Corsair gets a lot of credit so definelty will check them out more. Thanks for the suggestion!
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2011 1:15:11 PM

Asetek is the oem for the H50, the 570LX is basically an H50 with a 240mm rad, should do a decent enough job on the cpu.
If memory serves correctly Cyberpower also has an option for Extreme liquid cooling that consists of the XSPC Rasa kit, a better option than any LCLC unit.
a b U Graphics card
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 23, 2011 1:20:23 PM

^^ Yep, delluser1 has this one correct.
August 23, 2011 7:24:20 PM

delluser1 said:
Asetek is the oem for the H50, the 570LX is basically an H50 with a 240mm rad, should do a decent enough job on the cpu.
If memory serves correctly Cyberpower also has an option for Extreme liquid cooling that consists of the XSPC Rasa kit, a better option than any LCLC unit.



I have also been told that overclocking for that CPU isn't necessary, that it will shorten the CPU life significantly. Would you say the same or would I be safe in doing so?
a b U Graphics card
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 23, 2011 7:32:32 PM

It depends...overvolting more than you need for an actual overclock speed is detrimental.
August 23, 2011 9:00:46 PM

rubix_1011 said:
It depends...overvolting more than you need for an actual overclock speed is detrimental.



So I'm really trying to weigh out the risks/ benefits to overclocking. CyberPower would make sure to not do so with overvolting I'm sure, being a reputable PC dealer right? In your opinion, is it really worth going for the overclock or just save the extra $50?
a b U Graphics card
August 23, 2011 9:07:02 PM

There is no point for overclocking a 2600k unless your doing it for shock vaule
a b U Graphics card
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 23, 2011 9:10:10 PM

If you aren't sure what you are doing yourself (and relying on a boutique to build/OC for you) maybe its better for you to do some more research on the subject matter...
August 23, 2011 9:21:37 PM

rubix_1011 said:
If you aren't sure what you are doing yourself (and relying on a boutique to build/OC for you) maybe its better for you to do some more research on the subject matter...


Yeah, I am very new to PC gaming altogether and am over my head with clocking. I have been getting feedback as much as possible for the last month lol! Have been a console gamer for years now and since I am going to PC also I just want the most PC gaming has to offer.
August 23, 2011 9:24:51 PM

cia24 said:
There is no point for overclocking a 2600k unless your doing it for shock vaule


Shock value is very welcome for me lol. Would love to be able to show off a really awsome performing PC.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 23, 2011 9:26:06 PM
Share

You really don't need to overclock most modern processors these days to accomplish a great gaming experience. If you are running mainstream or enthusiast level CPUs, your bigger concern is likely RAM or video card if you are concerned about game performance.
August 23, 2011 9:49:57 PM

Best answer selected by yurok84.
August 23, 2011 9:50:42 PM

rubix_1011 said:
You really don't need to overclock most modern processors these days to accomplish a great gaming experience. If you are running mainstream or enthusiast level CPUs, your bigger concern is likely RAM or video card if you are concerned about game performance.


Thanks for all the help! Though am now on another mission with those last two concerns you mentioned, lol!! I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge!
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2011 5:24:23 AM

delluser1 said:
Asetek is the oem for the H50, the 570LX is basically an H50 with a 240mm rad, should do a decent enough job on the cpu.
If memory serves correctly Cyberpower also has an option for Extreme liquid cooling that consists of the XSPC Rasa kit, a better option than any LCLC unit.

Ooh learning as we go! I'm not very experienced with water cooling, so it's a good thing I'm getting to know these things. Thanks.
!