Will this keep me cool???

yurok84

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I am going with the i7-2600k OC'ed to 20% or more through CyberPowerPC.com, along with a GTX 580 3GB graphics card. Will the Asetek 570LX water cooling system be sufficient enough to keep me cool? Or should I look for something that would be better? Thanks!

Solution
You really don't need to overclock most modern processors these days to accomplish a great gaming experience. If you are running mainstream or enthusiast level CPUs, your bigger concern is likely RAM or video card if you are concerned about game performance.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
I don't know that system, so I'm going to say "no". A good air cooler that's reliable is better than a cheap water cooling solution that can start leaking in the middle of a gaming session. If you're set on water cooling, look into the Corsair H-series. H50 is a good place to start, but the H70 or H100 are better picks. The H100 is actually a really good pick, it's a great cooler with excellent performance for a not-so-huge price.

yurok84

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Corsair gets a lot of credit so definelty will check them out more. Thanks for the suggestion!

Asetek is the oem for the H50, the 570LX is basically an H50 with a 240mm rad, should do a decent enough job on the cpu.
If memory serves correctly Cyberpower also has an option for Extreme liquid cooling that consists of the XSPC Rasa kit, a better option than any LCLC unit.

yurok84

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

I have also been told that overclocking for that CPU isn't necessary, that it will shorten the CPU life significantly. Would you say the same or would I be safe in doing so?

yurok84

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

So I'm really trying to weigh out the risks/ benefits to overclocking. CyberPower would make sure to not do so with overvolting I'm sure, being a reputable PC dealer right? In your opinion, is it really worth going for the overclock or just save the extra $50?

yurok84

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I am very new to PC gaming altogether and am over my head with clocking. I have been getting feedback as much as possible for the last month lol! Have been a console gamer for years now and since I am going to PC also I just want the most PC gaming has to offer.

yurok84

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Shock value is very welcome for me lol. Would love to be able to show off a really awsome performing PC.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You really don't need to overclock most modern processors these days to accomplish a great gaming experience. If you are running mainstream or enthusiast level CPUs, your bigger concern is likely RAM or video card if you are concerned about game performance.

Solution

yurok84

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Thanks for all the help! Though am now on another mission with those last two concerns you mentioned, lol!! I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Ooh learning as we go! I'm not very experienced with water cooling, so it's a good thing I'm getting to know these things. Thanks.