Memory

Hi
i have 1 gb stick ddr2 kingmax
it was inte he packet and i took it out but when i was taking i out i pressed in the middle of it and the memory bent a little . And now when i install it it is not working windows 7 crashes on start up every time memery is in the slot.

this memory has been working for 2 year on Asus P5K and when p5k broke down i put it back in it's packet(box). And now it is not working.

Could i have damaged it.
can i rma it or not
6 answers Last reply
More about memory
  1. If the module is bent and not cracked, then try to straighten it. Before you try that, is that module identical to the other modules in your system?
  2. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Try the RAM module in another mobo.
  3. GhislainG said:
    If the module is bent and not cracked, then try to straighten it. Before you try that, is that module identical to the other modules in your system?

i have one more 1 gb module which is same and that one works on my motherboard.
    the problem is then i installed all the memeory 2x2gb and 2x 1gb. windows 7 crashed on startup after few seconds.

and i Re installed windows 7 and it worked i installed some programs and then i shut down the pc and next morning i got same problem. it crashed on start up. then i testen all module one by one and found out that this one was causing trouble.
  4. Unless there's visual evidence that it was bent, you could RMA it. Worse that could happen is they find out and refuse to replace it.
  5. i was bent but now it is straight exactly like the other one.
    i will rma it
    Kingmax doen't have any headquater in sweden what should i do
  6. Contact them and ask them how you can RMA the defective module.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR2