• Memory
  • DDR2
Last response: in Memory
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 15, 2010 5:53:25 PM

Hi
i have 1 gb stick ddr2 kingmax
it was inte he packet and i took it out but when i was taking i out i pressed in the middle of it and the memory bent a little . And now when i install it it is not working windows 7 crashes on start up every time memery is in the slot.

this memory has been working for 2 year on Asus P5K and when p5k broke down i put it back in it's packet(box). And now it is not working.

Could i have damaged it.
can i rma it or not

More about : memory

a c 82 } Memory
January 15, 2010 6:33:24 PM

If the module is bent and not cracked, then try to straighten it. Before you try that, is that module identical to the other modules in your system?
a c 164 } Memory
January 15, 2010 6:50:25 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Try the RAM module in another mobo.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 15, 2010 7:20:02 PM

GhislainG said:
If the module is bent and not cracked, then try to straighten it. Before you try that, is that module identical to the other modules in your system?

i have one more 1 gb module which is same and that one works on my motherboard.
the problem is then i installed all the memeory 2x2gb and 2x 1gb. windows 7 crashed on startup after few seconds.

and i Re installed windows 7 and it worked i installed some programs and then i shut down the pc and next morning i got same problem. it crashed on start up. then i testen all module one by one and found out that this one was causing trouble.
a c 82 } Memory
January 15, 2010 7:30:33 PM

Unless there's visual evidence that it was bent, you could RMA it. Worse that could happen is they find out and refuse to replace it.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 15, 2010 7:53:40 PM

i was bent but now it is straight exactly like the other one.
i will rma it
Kingmax doen't have any headquater in sweden what should i do
a c 82 } Memory
January 15, 2010 10:58:30 PM

Contact them and ask them how you can RMA the defective module.
!