Sign in with
Your question

Hard drive reading error

Last response: in Storage
April 23, 2011 6:35:58 PM

Hello,
i have a hitachi deskstar IDE 164 GB harddrive. suddenly it stopped reading. i have replaced new cables also. it is not appear in the bios and disk management. pls give a solution coz at this moment i cant buy a new one.
thanx
fdumindu1979@gmail.com
a c 116 G Storage
April 24, 2011 1:03:31 AM

Is this a 2nd. drive in your computer? Was there any power interuption while the drive was reading/writing?
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 25, 2011 10:40:36 AM

Ubrales said:
Is this a 2nd. drive in your computer? Was there any power interuption while the drive was reading/writing?

Hallo

This is gieter26 and I had the same problem. There was a power interuption with my hard drive while reading...
m
l
a c 116 G Storage
April 25, 2011 12:47:13 PM

It is possible to have data loss if the power fails during a hard drive operation. Try performing the following one step at a time until success:

1) Reset the BIOS to factory defaults. If you cannot get into the BIOS, then remove the RTC (Lithium CR2032) battery from the motherboard, and leave it out for 10 to 15 minutes. This will reset the BIOS to factory defaults. Re-install the battery and restart.

2) Remove the HDD and connect ti to a different computer. See whether it displays any files. If so, save these files to a different location, and then do an NTFS format on the HDD.
m
l
!