Sign in with
Your question

Watercooling LGA 1156 socket

Last response: in Motherboards
January 15, 2010 6:15:51 PM

I dont know if im posting in the wrong section here but its pretty much mobo related. I posted in the homebuilt systems as far as building my own gaming system. I think its a pretty nice build all in all. (Off topic) Anyway, Im buying this mobo:

EVGA P55 FTW SLI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I dont know a ton about Watercooling as this will be my first setup. I think for the price and reviews, this is a good setup:

Thermaltake Bigwater 760i
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I dont know if it will matter or not but im getting an i5 750.

My question here would be, If i were to buy that watercooling system, would it fit that mobo socket straight from the box? If NOT, Can anybody please point me to a piece that WILL fit that mobo? Not a whole new watercooling system, Just the piece that sits on top the CPU. Also, Im already overbudget with everything ive picked up, So if we could keep it below $40... Id much appreciate it.

Before anybody questions, Yes i did my homework. Yes i know that under the specs for the system it does NOT show the LGA 1156. It says it will fit the LGA 775. This is where my inexperience comes in. I know the two sockets are different. I just dont know in what WAY they are different. (eg. Mounting holes for the CPU cooling device) According to my eye, The mounting holes line up. Again tho, Im inexperienced in this area.

Before i forget. My entire system is coming from newegg.com I would REALLY like to get the adapter or whatever i need from them for the sake of my sanity and getting everything at once. lol So i would to thank everyone who has any input on this subject. Your help is MUCH appreciated! :) 
January 15, 2010 8:00:22 PM

hi,
is it just you cpu you want to watercool or your graphics card as well.
in any case i would not go for the themaltake bigwater as a custom built watercooled system comprising of laing d 5 vario pump a swiftech or another brand name radiator preferably triple and a cpu and gpu water block. most cpu blocks come with 1156/1366 adapter kits.personally i dont think you can go wrong with swiftech
m
l
a c 209 V Motherboard
January 15, 2010 8:53:10 PM

Please don't double post
m
l
!