* i7 Build Acting Up, Gigabyte UD4P *

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I just finished building my rig, but I have run into problems, here are the specs to start...
I7 920 w/ TRUE
Gigabyte UD4P Mobo
6gb Corsair Dominator CAS 8 Tri Channel RAM
Antec P183 Case
Antec CP850w PSU
EVGA GTX 295
Samsung F1 Spinpoint 640GB 16mb buffer
I freshly formatted with OEM Vista 64bit

Now here is the "problem"...very often when i poweron/restart/exit bios, the whole computer shuts down for 1-2 sec...and powers itself back on. It also makes a strange clicking noise when it shuts off/powers on, I also have no posting noise, it doesn't beep whatsoever which I find very strange. Could it just be the sound of my PSU and a PSU/mobo function when it restarts?
After it does that, I have no problems using the comp, functions fine...but one time I powered it on, it said bios checksum error or something like that, and I ended up restarting and booting the OS with "last known working configuration", it ended up uninstalling the drivers I had just installed.
Brand new comp, hope there's nothing wrong with it! Built it myself, so doubting my competency a little even though it works...Thanks in advance!

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Blehh indeed :) People need to sleep sometimes ya know :) And when they wake up they don't want to get eyestrain :lol:

How to get a screen shot I can read:

1. Open up CPU-Z and got to the first tab.

2. Press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. This may involve using the shift key also.

3. Open up a fresh document in MS Paint.

4. Under Edit, select Paste.

5. Use the box tool to select JUST the area of the CPU-Z program

6. Select crop from the menu.

7. Save

repeat for the other tabs.

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
haha true, sorry i was very antsy and was up all night installing/tinkering.
right now it appears it only turns off after i exit bios..turns off for a few sec, and turns back on with no problems. pretty weird still!
and there is still no boot up noise.
1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

thanks for ur help :DDD appreciate it

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
unfortunately it didn't work :(
saved bios settings and instantly powered down right after...and started up in a few secs like it always does.
i guess it's not a problem...unless it's somehow dmging my system without me knowing?