4850 bios flash fail

Hey everyone,

I was trying to flash my Sapphire 4850 with ATI Winflash. It failed and I restarted ( i know i could have recovered it if I did not restart)

My mobo has two slots and I will have a second pci card ready in a couple of hours. The thing is that whenever I plug the card now, the PC won't even post! If i unplug it and use the integrated graphics, it works. I am trying to flash from DOS, but how can I do it if the computer does not even post when the card is plugged?

Update: If I unplug the PCI power connector, the computer boots but when I try atiflash -i, i get "Adapter not found.

Thanks,
7 answers Last reply
More about 4850 bios flash fail
  1. Looks like a flash gone bad.....

Son, why would you flash such a new card in the first place? Was there a need for it?
  2. Yes there was. I am running dual monitors and I was having the flickering problem. I needed to flash to set my memory @ 993 for all modes. The funny thing is that I flashed it twice and everything was fine. It is the third flash that went bad.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks,
  3. ahh gotcha!!!

Last time i saw someone have a similar flash issue they ended up haveing to RMA the card..... Good luck!!!!!
  4. I think the second card trick will work. That's what the guys @ techpowerup told me.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.
  5. I set the onboard graphics as the primary. That allowed the PC to post, and then through a USB drive I was able to load the bios with atiflash.
  6. xsever said:
    I set the onboard graphics as the primary. That allowed the PC to post, and then through a USB drive I was able to load the bios with atiflash.

Useful information there guy. I'm sure it will help somebody along the way. Thanks for posting it.
  7. No problem. Anyone willing to flash his video card, do it through DOS. Way much safer than the windows environment.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Flash Graphics