Sign in with
Your question

Anyone here with CompTIA A+ Certification?

Last response: in Systems
July 23, 2009 10:00:38 AM

Just wondering if the education required for that certification is really useful.

More about : comptia certification

July 23, 2009 10:54:45 AM

Education is always useful! :wahoo: 

Seriously though, I did the A+ 8 or 9 years ago, it is a great place to start your computer studies (its more than enough for many people I know in IT) as it starts with the fundamentals of how a computer works and then goes through a lot of hardware and software and the troubleshooting process.

July 23, 2009 11:38:49 AM

I'm in school now and got this certification first. I already had a grasp of computer hardware and software, but it did go into more depth than I was familiar with in a few parts. For anyone that is new to computers, an A+ course (both hardware and software) would be extremely valuable. It covers the basics well and people should know most of the A+ stuff before they advance.

moomooman mentioned troubleshooting, which may be the best part about it for people that already have a working knowledge of computer hardware and software. Learning good troubleshooting methods is very useful, especially if you don't have internet access to use Google, forums, Technet, etc for questions and ideas.
!