Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Retrieve photos from old hard drive

Last response: in Storage
April 24, 2011 6:12:37 AM

I have hooked up my old hard drive with usb cables for transferring data, but can"t find the hardware in "my computer", what am I missing. Didn't get instructions with cables.
a b G Storage
April 24, 2011 12:32:42 PM

Just pop the side off your computer and plug the drive directly into the computer. That treats the drive as just another installed hard drive. And it will be faster than USB.
April 25, 2011 2:28:10 AM

jsc said:
Just pop the side off your computer and plug the drive directly into the computer. That treats the drive as just another installed hard drive. And it will be faster than USB.

Thx for replying. I am trying to transfer into my laptop. The old hard drive was removed from it's case and had files trfrd by future shop at that time, shortly thereafter, I lost those photos & have since lost a few people stored in those photos. I have the hard drive hooked up to the laptop and can can hear it running, just not sure what the next steps are..have started to muddle my way thru it, but I am certain there is a simpler way, as u can tell, by a long stretch I'm not a techy, but catch on quick. I just wanted a step by step guide/instruction pamphlet.
Related resources
May 6, 2011 4:19:53 PM

Googlybear said:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

try that little program. it takes a while to scan, but it has worked for me in the past. good luck. :) 

That's a good option for recovering deleted files. As I understand it, problem 1 is not being able to see the drive at all.
May 7, 2011 6:52:14 AM

I guess you must check all the ports of your system. If it is not connected with any of port then there is some technical problem in hard drive.
May 9, 2011 1:51:09 PM

Get easus data recovery program and look for the lost partition recovery option in the app. This will recover data from ur hidden or lost partitions
!