Prime 95

pcenvy88

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I've been overclocking and stabilizing all weekend. I have a 1090T and every time I run AMD Overdrive's stability test for an hour it finds no problems.

I can run Prime 95 blend & large fft's tests for a few minutes until worker #5 stops working due to: FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5 expected 0.4 or less.

I've read people posting similar issues a while back on here but none of them had huge success fixing it.

What I am wondering is if I can continue running the torture test with that one worker down or should I stop and fix it first? I upped my RAM voltage from MFG Suggested voltage of 1.5 to 1.6.

I am over clocked from 3.2 to 3.8 can upload screenshots from Overdrive in a little bit.

Just ran blend test for about 2 hours now and it crashed my computer. Will report back with actual BSOD error next time it happens.

Biostar A880G+
Phenom II X6 1090T
2x4gb g.Skill RAM 9-9-9-24 @ 1333
650w Coolermaster PSU
Radeon HD 6850

overdrive.png

pcenvy88

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
@beenthere i read that whole post. actually whole thread. thank you, the information was outstanding and has really helped me understand a lot more. I have pretty much everything he suggests for the 1090T and still i have rounding errors in P95. I have 1.39 core voltage with 210MHz for bus speed. My multiplier is set at 18 getting a cpu speed of 3.78

My HT link speed is at 2100MHz and my ram timings are at 9-9-9-24 @1.5 volts (default RAM settings)

@henydiah thats my problem. I test in 95 and it doesnt last 10 minutes before a worker fails

pcenvy88

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Your not reading my posts correctly. I said I am overclocking in the bios. I am just using AOD to monitor performance...

I also previously stated that I have a Biostar A880G+ with AMI bios v.080016 (thats the version reported by cpu-z) It is the second newest BIOS for this board and I rolled back because of problems with the newer version.

I have the stock heatsink on the 1090T because I haven't seen numbers rise over 53 degrees.

My power supply is a 650w cooler master.

Now I am getting hyper transfer sync flood errors (was getting these earlier) if I play a graphic intensive game for too long. I tried setting my FSB back to 200 and lowering the multiplier to 17.

Will check to see if this helps anything out... would like some more advice/suggestions if anyones got any.

pcenvy88

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Cooling is not my problem.... I've ran at 3.8 ghz for full load for a few hours straight at 50 degrees.

Can anyone else help me out with what I need. I went all the way back to Optimal defaults to start over and after few hours of gameplay I still get hyper transfer error

grahamie

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
Bring you ht speed up to as close to the nb speed as it will let you without exceeding it
If that’s not the issue then try running the ram at 1333 as the 1090t imc is only 1333 (amd requested I run native 1333 ram for all tests )
If still nothing then you could try turning off the core or cores that fail during your torture test (if your motherboard will let you)
I had to do this testing with amd to establish that i had burnt out my imc on my 1090t. Amd blames overclocked ram for my burnt up cores ( anything over 1333 is considered over clocked ram) best of luck I hope this helps solve your issue

pcenvy88

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I have my ram set to 1333 already as thats all mother board is rated for. My nb speed is 2.4GHz and my ht speed is 2.0GHz... I don't know if those are set too high but I've pretty much ruled out at this point that its a heating issue. I run AOD's stability test fine for 12 hours @ 52 degrees. Prime gets it up to 62 degrees and thats when I get the reboot. I am investing in aftermarket cooling very soon

1.125-1.40V is your spec voltage and you've used 1.5 to 1.6v, with a stock air cooler?

What exactly is your goal here?

To burn up your CPU?

You seem to be under a mirage attack and firing in all directions hoping to hit something, well at this point it appears you're beginning to learn something.

If you intend to overclock, you need a good aftermarket cooling solution, that's a No Brainer, especially with the voltages you've already used.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#AMDHEATSINK

Of course you can always take the cheap route and go with old faithful, that's 10 times better than what you're presently using.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

This is one of the top air coolers, listed in Frosty Tech's lineup for AMD, and I own one myself and it out performs the Cooler Master, I have that one also.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

If you intend overclocking a dependable power supply should be in the build planning, you want quality, not a power supply to run gramdmas email rig.

Cooler Master makes great CPU coolers but I wouldn't buy a power supply from them, I would recommend a single 12v rail power supply, your wattage range is just inside the door for your setup, but for overclocking I'd want more stability.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256059

My advice right now is stop what you're doing and get what you need to continue, then go back at it.

What operating system?

^ +1

To OP; henydiah has been trying to tell you to go ahead and uninstall the AOD, you don't need it running in the background, it's been problematic and buggy for some lately anyway.

Use CPU-Z to monitor OP/SYS output settings and a program like Core Temp for temperatures.

pcenvy88

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011

I never had my core voltage set above 1.5 I don't know where you read that. I plan on getting water cooling supplies next week when I get paid...

@henydiah, alright I won't use AOD anymore. I was just jusing it after a Prime95 test failed to see how long I could run my CPU at full load, that is all. I was just using it as something that can get me going full load to see where my temperature range is at. I do have a cooling problem and I for sure need to address it. Once I have that covered I will be purchasing a new mobo and PSU. I will report back when those issues are resolved. Thanks a lot henydiah

pcenvy88

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011

I have CPU-Z and speedfan running in the background 24/7.

What I am wondering is if I can continue running the torture test with that one worker down or should I stop and fix it first? I upped my RAM voltage from MFG Suggested voltage of 1.5 to 1.6.

My bad! You were talking RAM there! :pfff:

However here you're talking CPU Voltage 1.5v with a stock cooler! Correct?