Swiftech mcr320-drive good for cpu and 2 vga waterblocks?

tehdrizzle

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I got a great deal locally on a brand new Swiftech mcr320-drive radiator with the mcp35x intergrated pump. I'm wondering if this would be able to keep up if I added 2 EK water blocks for my 5870's to go along with my EK block that is currently on my 1090t or if I should get a second radiator as well? I'm currently running my 1090t at 4.0Ghz @ 1.38v and would be shooting for around 900-950mhz on the core for each of the cards which are Sapphire Vapor-X 5970's that I was able to overclock and overvolt with Trixx. Any opinions or help is greatly appreciated.

-Paul

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You are likely going to need at least an additional 3x120 rad or something similar in size...regardless, you'll need more cooling surface area than the 320 on that Swiftech kit. Great pump, though...one of the very best under $150 and definitely very good due to size/power.

Depending on your case, you can consider a 200mm rad, a 2x140mm rad, or even a thick rad like the RX240...basic rule of thumb is a 2x120mm rad (or equivalent) for each GPU and CPU in the loop. You can make adjustments and tweak this depending on radiator and fan choices.

What EK CPU/GPU blocks are you going to run? (just curious) Reservoir or does the Swiftech drive come with the res built in? Tubing size? Fittings/Barbs?