External Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

I need extended battery life and have been trying external batteries.
Anyone have experiences with them? What makes and models? I tried the
NCharge VNC500 and at best got 1 1/4 hours from it. How about the
Battery-Biz Hi-Charge series? Anyone tried them?

Dan

> I need extended battery life and have been trying external batteries.

Why?

On the air plane?

Some where off grid?

Is weight an important point?

--
Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization

try,
www.ebatts.com

Sava7 <sava7@aol.com> wrote:
> try,
> www.ebatts.com

Well, that's it! Final proof that the apocolypse is upon us!

Savatski made a post WITHOUT the word Toshiba in it!

Regards,

James

On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:37:25 GMT, "JHEM"
<James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote:

>Sava7 <sava7@aol.com> wrote:
>> try,
>> www.ebatts.com
>
>Well, that's it! Final proof that the apocolypse is upon us!
>
>Savatski made a post WITHOUT the word Toshiba in it!

My copy of the Bible says first you hear Gabriel's trumpet, then
the sky turns black, and after that Roland Mosl concedes that for some
users and applications a desktop cpu in a laptop makes sense.
Emanuel (and if they ain't got Porsches in heaven, I'm stayin'
here!)

E Brown <epbrown01@att.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:37:25 GMT, "JHEM"
> <James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote:
> >Sava7 <sava7@aol.com> wrote:
> >> www.ebatts.com
> >
> >Well, that's it! Final proof that the apocolypse is upon us!
> >Savatski made a post WITHOUT the word Toshiba in it!
> >
> My copy of the Bible says first you hear Gabriel's trumpet, then
> the sky turns black, and after that Roland Mosl concedes that for some
> users and applications a desktop cpu in a laptop makes sense.

I don't think it will be at the apocolypse however. Unless of course
you infer that "the sky turns black" means that the universe runs out of
spare energy, thus making the "pseudo laptop" into a useful supplier of
heat.

Gabriel's trumpet could possibly be a doppler effect caused by either a
final implosion or expansion of space-time, making time effectively
come to a stop. Either way, the desktop cpu's constant speed clock will
make it useful as a reference timer.

> Emanuel (and if they ain't got Porsches in heaven, I'm stayin'
> here!)

Peter

"Roland Mösl" <founder@pege.org> wrote in message
> > I need extended battery life and have been trying external batteries.
>
> Why?
>
> On the air plane?
>
> Some where off grid?
>
> Is weight an important point?
>

> --
> Roland Mösl
> http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
> http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Thanks for the reply. That is it exactly - on the plane and in similar
environs. Weight is always somewhat of a consideration, but not terribly.
More size of the package, to make it manageable to carry.

Any comments on what others have tried would be appreciated.

Dan