Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Video Card suggestion for a dell

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 13, 2009 1:14:24 AM

this thread wont be as fun as you think my brother recently asked me if he should get a new video card (for his dell) when i asked why he said he wants to monitors (like me). so my question is what video card will work with a Inspiron 530 well? the only requirement is that it needs to outputs for monitors.

idk what kind of quality he wants seeing as he is fine with integrated. so the price should be minimal.

also how can i be sure it will work with a dell?

EDIT:
i herad that the ATI Radeon 2400 works with dells im thinking this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102812
any objections?

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2009 1:19:58 AM

All cards with techically 'work' with a dell. is it a normal Inspiron 530 or one of them small ones (with the narrow case) because you can run into some problems getting a larger card to fit.

However if you say you want low end since he doesn't care much that 2400 should be fine. Small and will fit in anywhere and work on the weak power supply Dell likely put in there.
August 13, 2009 1:24:40 AM

darkvine said:
All cards with techically 'work' with a dell. is it a normal Inspiron 530 or one of them small ones (with the narrow case) because you can run into some problems getting a larger card to fit.

However if you say you want low end since he doesn't care much that 2400 should be fine. Small and will fit in anywhere and work on the weak power supply Dell likely put in there.

yeah i told me brother to get the big one for that reason thanks i think im going to go for this.
!