Cooler master sickle flow, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomProx

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Hey, Im currently waiting to order the very last part of my first and new build.

Ive been recommended scythe gentle typhoons for two intake fans, what i was wondering was, are coolermaster sickle flows quieter? it says the dba is lower, but i was wondering if theres much a difference in airflow also, not to mention the coolermasters are £4 cheaper, cheers :)

TomProx

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Okay, you think if i make the two intakes gentle typhoons, will i also change the antec tri cool rear exhaust for a gentle typhoon too?

will the typhoons move enough air to keep it cool?

TomProx

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
also if i lower them so their quieter will there still be good enough air flow? guess ill find out if i buy the fan controller it has heat sensors.

EDIT: Just seen, the coolermaster sickle flow goes at 2000rpm and has a higher CFM than the GT 1450,
I want an LED fan really bad so if i was to slow the fan speed on the coolermaster down a little think itll be as quiet ad the GT 1450 but as good?

TomProx

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Yeah, but the CMSF runs at 19DBa so if i just reduce it a little it'll be silent right? its cheaper also so if i got them id be able to afford a fan controller?

deletedcod

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Currently have sickleflows, have no issues with them,they running@1200rpms and you cant hear them, and cooling is very good even at 2000 rpms you just hear a slight wiz compare to the antec tri speeds i had that was noisy.cant comment on the typhoons havent used those before

deletedcod

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
temp.png

deletedcod

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
would also depend on your airflow in your case...me personally,i prefer a fan controller to software based,reason is its instant,gpu is different tho,msi after burner does a good job controlling fan speeds if you set it up according to your prefferences

TomProx

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Well ill be having 2 intake sickle flows, the top will be a 140mm antec tri cool, thinking about swapping it for something, not sure, and a sickleflow exhaust, coolermaster hyper 212 cpu cooler and my gpu is an xfx 6870 BE with dual fans, so i guess i wont really know until i fully complete my build, its a hard decision, dunno wether i should get a fan controller or software, all though i was thinking of getting the NXZT 2 but apparently that has compatability issues with sickleflows

vigilante212

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

Isn't 19 DBa ambient sound?

Mrthorp

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
the cooler master fans i own(came with my case) are the quietest fans ive ever heard. i dont hear them, i do however hear my after market fans like none other. i had to buy a fan controller to run those down.

Mrthorp

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
they are something else. reading some of the posts, it said the sickle flows are 19dba, i know my case fans ( the CM ones) are rated at 19 dba.

my after market fans are some no name brand just called "quad LED 120MM fan"
They move tons of air, but they are loud at 100%. They came in a maroon box, with some green flame looking guy carrying a blue cpu case.

i have never been set on dba noise. if you look on newegg, some fans rated lower than 19dba have owners talking about how loud it is and blah blah. So i guess 1, dba is relevant to background noise. i have a tv, on my desk, and i sit in front of my AC unit. that being said though, if my cooler master case fans are infact 19dba, they are the quietest fans ive heard( or havent)

Status
Not open for further replies.