Q9550 windows 7 experience score??

ulysses35

Distinguished
Who cares. the windows experience rating is nonsense anyway - just a gimmick built in to try and make you think your pc is better or worse than someone elses.

I would rely on third party software for benchmarking

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
its not very accurate I get a 5.9 hdd score on a 80MB/sec hdd and on my 450MB/sec raid array.

I get a 7.3 on my q6600 at 2.8ghz and also 7.3 @3.2ghz thats a 14% speed increase you think it would go up .1 or something?

their score basically tells you very generically how good a windows experience you will have... but not very accurately for sure

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Benchmarking (3DMark etc) gives much more accurate results.
The Windows tests are really just to say 'this computer can play this game' rather than being accurate performance evaluations.

Some of the criteria is rather unusual too, for example I get 7.1 on CPU - I get the same rating at 4.37Ghz, 4.25Ghz or 3.16Ghz. It's like Windows refuses to give me more credit with only two processor cores.

I like to look at them, but never use them for serious comparisons.

Remember 7.9 is the maximum, and the 9550 is not the absolute fastest CPU on the planet (its fast, but MS needs room in their benchmarks for the faster ones, 7.3 out of 7.9 is pretty high!!).