HaGGardSmurf

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Hey guys, my buddy has a tuner card that works percetly with his digital cable, and it has PVR capabilities, so I am looking to buy it, but when I search it up on newegg, I get 3 results for the exact same card.

I dont know much about tuner cards, so I was wondering if you guys could take a quick look at the 3 and let me know which is the best? I dont need FM tuner, so thats not a big deal, I would like to have 2 tuners, but I dont know what any of the other differences are?

(Here is the link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=hauppauge+hvr-1600&x=0&y=0&guid=d694c060d0a748f0a03225dadccda0da)

Also, I only have PCI slots left in my computer, I know the cards say they are PCI, but they have a bit of a weird pin config?

I thought PCI was like IIIIIIIIIIIII-IIII but these cards are like IIII-IIIIIIIIIIIII-IIII

They are PCI cards and the pin config is appropriate for what they do.

Look at the cards side-by-side to notice the different features (like no remote included, FM tuner, etc)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600

One quick question for you, What OS do you have? WinTV cards have some issues running 64-bit windows with more then 4 gigs of memory.

Also

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/ClearQAM/NTSC TV Tuner PCI w/Remote 1199 PCI Interface - Retail
Card + WinTV Remote, works with MCE. NO FM.

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/ClearQAM/NTSC TV Tuner MC-Kit 1183 PCI Interface - Retail
Card and a MCE remote kit. Comes with a USB remote receiver vs the one that plugs into the card above. An IR Blaster should also be included. FM

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/ClearQAM/NTSC TV Tuner White Box 1101WB PCI Interface - Retail
Just a card no accessories. This is not recommended as without an IR blaster, it can not change channels on the set top Cable/Satellite box. A review confirms that there is NO IR BLASTER with this card

Hope this helps.