Closed

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT vs Mobility Radeon HD 4650 1 Gb

hello guys im going to buy a new laptop for my studies as an architecture so im confused about graphic card


First choice is apple macbook pro with Geforce 9600m Gt with 256 memory

second choice is Hp laptop with graphic card Ati Radeon 4650 1 Gb


plx help me with the best choice as lap top
13 answers Last reply
More about nvidia geforce 9600m mobility radeon 4650
  1. Without knowing the rest of the specs, I would have to say the HP is probably better.
    Post the specs and prices of both and we can better help you.
  2. HP Pavilion DV7-2180US Entertainment Laptop Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 2.0GHz, 17.3" HD+ LED BrightView, 6GB, 500GB HD, DVDR/RW, Webcam, HDMI port, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit


    Our Price: $1,199.99


    Apple MacBook Pro Notebook - MC026LL/A
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz - 15.4" WXGA+ - 4GB DDR3 SDRAM - 320GB HDD - DVD-Writer (DVDR/RW) - Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth - Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

    $1,949.00

    graphic cards are mentioned before
  3. HP Pavilion for sure
  4. 110% for the HP.
    Look at the specs then the price tags.

    The HP has a quad core vs the macs dual, better screen, much faster GPU (the 9600m GT is about as fast as a 8600gt where as the 4650m is comprable to the desktop equivlant), more RAM, larger hard drive, more ports and costs $750 less!
    The HP wins hands down.
  5. Assassins said:
    hello guys im going to buy a new laptop for my studies as an architecture so im confused about graphic card


    First choice is apple macbook pro with Geforce 9600m Gt with 256 memory

    second choice is Hp laptop with graphic card Ati Radeon 4650 1 Gb


    plx help me with the best choice as lap top



    If you're gonna run CAD applications and such I'd say none of them, as none of them have a pro graphics card. The pro drivers will really speed up your work.

    Really depends what you need. When it comes to raw performance and price, the HP definately wins. If you on the other hand want quality, mobility and ease of use, go for the mac.

    I had an HP pro lappy once and I LOVED it, but I find HP consumer laptops (read pavilion) to be craptops.
    The macbooks are great, but they are a bit pricey as well...hmmm...
  6. Assassins said:
    HP Pavilion DV7-2180US Entertainment Laptop Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 2.0GHz, 17.3" HD+ LED BrightView, 6GB, 500GB HD, DVDR/RW, Webcam, HDMI port, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit


    Our Price: $1,199.99


    Apple MacBook Pro Notebook - MC026LL/A
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz - 15.4" WXGA+ - 4GB DDR3 SDRAM - 320GB HDD - DVD-Writer (DVDR/RW) - Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth - Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

    $1,949.00

    graphic cards are mentioned before



    NVidia GPUs have design flaws which dies harming your laptop. just google for this. also you can refer to www.hplies.com.
    Dont be another helpless guy by purchasing a laptop with NVidia GPUs.

    ~ a help less customer with HP laptop with NVidia gpu
  7. hi extremely happy by ur answers and plx some body post which is the best graphic card for the cad
    thanks all
    Ahmed..
  8. You have to be very careful with Macs. They are VERY overpriced for what they have in them. They are good solid products with great customer service however once your warranty is up repairs can cost a small amount of gold bars.

    And the HD 4650 is the better card and has a huge amount of memory compared to that 9600m.
  9. Assassins said:
    hi extremely happy by ur answers and plx some body post which is the best graphic card for the cad
    thanks all
    Ahmed..



    It really depends on your budget, pro cards can be REALLY expensive. Decide what your budget is and then go for a pro card that fits into it, Nvidias pro cards are called Quadro and ATI's FireGL and FirePro.

    You wil probably not need the fastest pro card there is.

    Here is a good comparison between different mobile GPUS, including pro cards.

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Graphic-Cards.130.0.html


    Just remember that while "normal" cards might get higher FPS in games and better score in benchmarking programs, the drivers for the pro cards will ensure that their performace in for example CAD programs will be MUCH better.

    Good luck!
  10. HP computers have very bad condition system and they offten brokes down like , integrated video cards they have big temparature i work with these laptops... they just brokes on lots of things like you cant find any bluetooth drivers on windows xp. i dont say on all but some of them dont have or providers doesnt give either on vista. or you will have only with rescue disk... sorry my english
    P.S. i work more then 6 years with computers
  11. Don't revive old threads dude.
  12. How comes, and some of these threads have some pretty valuable info in terms of reference to new people like me.
  13. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Geforce Mobility Radeon Graphics Product