Emachines t5088 window 7 compatibility

Solution
That should work fine for you (2gb RAM).Last year I built a custom PC but I ran short of funds so I could only get a low end discrete graphics card initially to see my new PC run.A month later I had the funds to afford a much better graphics card.
My brother gave me a bunch of obsolete PC's that he was getting rid of.

One of them was an emachines model T6420.So I used my spare low end Sapphire ATI Radeon 512 mb DDR2 3650 graphics card in it.It was a nice match as emachines uses a very low wattage power supply for their towers (mine was 300 watts).My speciific graphics card only required a 300 watt power supply so it was a perfect match.
Surprisingly it is useful for slightly older PC games.A low wattage requirement sub $50 graphics...

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
It should be according to it's specs although the standard system memory is very low and it would be nice to have a discrete graphics card rather than using a poor Integrated Graphics Processor onboard.If you have upgraded the memory you will be a lot better off and it looks as though the memory DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) is inexpensive
http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=T5088

However you can check here to be sure.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
That should work fine for you (2gb RAM).Last year I built a custom PC but I ran short of funds so I could only get a low end discrete graphics card initially to see my new PC run.A month later I had the funds to afford a much better graphics card.
My brother gave me a bunch of obsolete PC's that he was getting rid of.

One of them was an emachines model T6420.So I used my spare low end Sapphire ATI Radeon 512 mb DDR2 3650 graphics card in it.It was a nice match as emachines uses a very low wattage power supply for their towers (mine was 300 watts).My speciific graphics card only required a 300 watt power supply so it was a perfect match.
Surprisingly it is useful for slightly older PC games.A low wattage requirement sub $50 graphics card would be nice for your PC especially to use the the Aero interface in Windows 7 or if you want to play some slightly older PC games.

Solution

franran26

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Thanks much. By the way, do you about availability of drivers. I have a netgear wn121t wireless adapter. Will I be able to get Windows 7 drivers for it? I guess I will have to connect directly to the internet with windows 7 installed and then allow windows 7 to search for drivers. Is that correct or can I get the drivers beforehand. Netgear doesn't list anything for windows 7

franran26

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Thanks for the help. Windows 7 installed with no problem. I installed the home premium upgrade(from vista). It took 2 hours. It found the drivers for my netgear wn121t wireless adptr and accessed my internet no prob. Running fine with the aeros themes. My windows performance score is 3.0. so if that is your score you should have no problem running the graphics.