Slow Desktop Refresh

Guys plzzz help..having this weird issue in my PC..see when i refresh on the desktop..how slow icons re-draws,it was not like that after i formatted infact hell fast as usual..never happened before..using latest drivers & i dont use untrusted programs..no malwares or viruses..How to fix this???Btw this happens only in desktop not inside My Computer or any folder.

See this video to get idea wat i m talking about..
Quote:

Using:
XP SP3
P4 3Ghz HT
2.5GB Ram
Ati Radeon HD 4650 1GB
2 answers Last reply
More about slow desktop refresh
  1. You have too many applications running at the same time. The processor is overloaded.
    You do not have enough RAM memory, at least 1 GB is needed.

Typically, somebody will install, Chrome, Silver light, Firefox, Goggle earth, and a whole bunch of other stuff. You can't do that with a P4.

Eliminate as many un used and un needed applications a possible. Use only ONE web browser. Use only One media player, erase all the others.
    The less stuff that is installed, the faster it will refresh.
  2. soundguruman said:
    You have too many applications running at the same time. The processor is overloaded.
    You do not have enough RAM memory, at least 1 GB is needed.

Typically, somebody will install, Chrome, Silver light, Firefox, Goggle earth, and a whole bunch of other stuff. You can't do that with a P4.

Eliminate as many un used and un needed applications a possible. Use only ONE web browser. Use only One media player, erase all the others.
    The less stuff that is installed, the faster it will refresh.

Look man i m not a new user ..& processor & ram(>2GB free) are free..i usually use more programs than this with no hiccup..bliv me xp & win7 runs real smooth..from last 2 times this thing happened..i think i have done something wrong or unknowinly with some settings somewhere which caused this..as i remember this happened just after i used reshack to change the logon bitmap..its not due to or about pc resources its something else.. :pfff:
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Windows XP