Sign in with
Your question

Slow Desktop Refresh

Last response: in Windows XP
January 1, 2012 1:45:13 PM

Guys plzzz help..having this weird issue in my PC..see when i refresh on the desktop..how slow icons re-draws,it was not like that after i formatted infact hell fast as usual..never happened before..using latest drivers & i dont use untrusted programs..no malwares or viruses..How to fix this???Btw this happens only in desktop not inside My Computer or any folder.

See this video to get idea wat i m talking about..

Using:
XP SP3
P4 3Ghz HT
2.5GB Ram
Ati Radeon HD 4650 1GB

More about : slow desktop refresh

January 1, 2012 1:51:02 PM

You have too many applications running at the same time. The processor is overloaded.
You do not have enough RAM memory, at least 1 GB is needed.

Typically, somebody will install, Chrome, Silver light, Firefox, Goggle earth, and a whole bunch of other stuff. You can't do that with a P4.

Eliminate as many un used and un needed applications a possible. Use only ONE web browser. Use only One media player, erase all the others.
The less stuff that is installed, the faster it will refresh.
January 1, 2012 6:00:50 PM

soundguruman said:
You have too many applications running at the same time. The processor is overloaded.
You do not have enough RAM memory, at least 1 GB is needed.

Typically, somebody will install, Chrome, Silver light, Firefox, Goggle earth, and a whole bunch of other stuff. You can't do that with a P4.

Eliminate as many un used and un needed applications a possible. Use only ONE web browser. Use only One media player, erase all the others.
The less stuff that is installed, the faster it will refresh.

Look man i m not a new user ..& processor & ram(>2GB free) are free..i usually use more programs than this with no hiccup..bliv me xp & win7 runs real smooth..from last 2 times this thing happened..i think i have done something wrong or unknowinly with some settings somewhere which caused this..as i remember this happened just after i used reshack to change the logon bitmap..its not due to or about pc resources its something else.. :pfff: 
!