Sign in with
Your question

Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Air Cooler

Last response: in Overclocking
August 26, 2011 1:35:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

It has been a week since I started looking for a nice motherboard to buy for my new system. Yesterday I found out about Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z. Although it is mATX, it seems to be better than most of the motherboards out there. Right now my only problem is the CPU cooler. I really don't know what to get. Here is my situation:

1- My case is Design Fractal R3

2- My GPU is Nvidia GTX580, and I want to use the PCI-E slot that is closer to the CPU (Faster?!)

3- All four ram slots are gonna be filled with G.SKILL Ripjaws X.

I'm not an overclocker, but I chose this motherboard 'cause it seems robust and I don't mind paying a little more. I wanted to stick with the stock cooler due to space issue, but that kind of looks bad on the system!

I don't want water cooling. I don't want headache!
It seems Hyper 212+ might fit, but I'm not sure.

It would be appreciated if people here can help me decide what cooler to get. Btw, money is not an issue at all.

Thanks
a b K Overclocking
August 26, 2011 3:58:15 PM

i have a cooler master hyper520N( whats with the weird letters? ) anyway, it runs dual 92mm fans in a push pull set up. it seems to do about as well as the 212+( not as good, but temps only vary 1-2 deg C)

its not as big, but a little wider. do not know if this will help, but its a good cooler, just smaller.
m
l
September 8, 2011 8:59:55 PM

I've got the same case, sme board and a Radeon 5970...

I'm debating watercooling. A simple Antec 620 or the like.
m
l
!