Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Superclocked EVGA GTX260 216

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 13, 2009 2:58:13 PM

I posted this in the overclocking forum but I don't think it gets as much traffic.

I have this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814130433

I attempted to overclock it using EVGA Precision but could only boost it to about 670MHz core and 11xx MHz mem and I didn't see any fps boost in COD4. Has anyone overclocked this card substantially, or is the factory overclock about as high as it gets to see any performance increase.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 13, 2009 3:44:31 PM

Not all cards will oc the same, it's just luck of the draw as to wether or not you will get an excellent overclocker or not.
I've never intentionally bought a factory overclocked card ( someone screwed up and I got an SC when I ordered a vanilla) and all of my cards have been able to clock well above anything that the factory offered.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 13, 2009 4:06:13 PM

EVGA Superclocked or MSI factory overclocked generally means the manufacturer has already done the overclocking for you nd you'll have very, very little room for further overclocking, perhaps as little as half a percent to be stable or to avoid overheating. That's just the way it goes and as DellUser1 stated, if you're an enthusisast it's better to buy stock spped and overclock yourself.
Related resources
August 13, 2009 4:14:05 PM

Alright, thanks. I bought this before I really got into fiddling with hardware and I just wanted a good card that I wouldn't have to mess with. Plus, I got a combo deal with this one. I guess my card's timing is pretty close to DellUser's, I just thought it would be able to go more. I guess 90 FPS @ 1920x1200 is good enough :p 
m
l
August 14, 2009 9:45:56 AM

I just got my 2nd GTX 260 C216. My second card has the same model number as the original card, yet the second card has a core clock of 626MHz compared to the 576MHz of the first card. I raised the frequency of the 1st card to the Superclocked speeds. In SLI, the card temperature can go up to ~93C, so I have to keep the fan speed around ~60% to keep it cool. On my Newegg invoice it says my card's model number is EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GTX260 RT, and the Superclocked version is EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR. I'm not sure why I got the superclocked version. It doesn't say it on the box and the model number says it isn't Superclocked. Strange....did you have the same issue?
m
l
!