First time pc build problems

osaf

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Hi guys im a total newby to pc building any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me tell you about the spec . Asus Maximus Gene mobo. Lga 1156 core i7 Processor 2.8ghz. 2x2gb ddr3 1333 memory made by corsair. 720 w powersupply and a gigabyte gtx 275 graphics card. Running on Windows 7 64bit.

Installed all the components after a few hours but pc refused to start up. Then i checked that all cables were where they should be however i removed one stick of memory and tried again this time pc started up and i could get into the bios set the correct date . Checked the settings and all seemed to be okay all hardware gets detected. then installed OS. Installed okay pc restarted a few times then all seemed to be fine. But as soon as a put in another memory stick the OS refuses to load . Replaced memory stick with a new one same thing, There are four slots on the mobo and tried all of them individually but none seemed to work except the second one from the left. Restarted pc with only one stick in got into windows and then ran the bios update from Asus themselves. This went through fine and pc restarted fine after that. Tried another stick again same thing pc does not complete startup. Beeps once then shuts down and restarts. Removed stick again, then tried to install the graphics card drivers. This fails and the pc shuts down and restarts. I can still get into the bios but nothing else works. Please help.

osaf

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
I tried to reload windows but this fails after first restart and switches the pc off then just loops. Would that work for that as well?

Most likely - IF you are running the RAM at a lower than spec voltage (many of the new RAM modules require higher voltages than the DDR3 Spec was designed at and the MOBO's will default to the DDR3 spec so when using a higher voltage module you need to go in and adjust the setting manually. (a lack of the enough voltage to the ram will cause the system to be unstable )

osaf

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

I just ran the memory at its default speed and never updated the speed in the bios as i thought it would have been compatible out of the box. But i will play around with the settings and see if it helps. Thanks:)