Conflict in memory?

I had my hard drive moved to a new PC due to a power
supply failure. I now have some odd sounds from my audio
output during some hard drive or CDROM accesses. It does
not sound quite like the old analog modems carrying data
but it is not coherent sound. It lasts about 20 seconds
and then stops. I did have a marginal amount of memory
(128M) but now have about 680M and still have the problem.
Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about conflict memory

    Joe, since you moved your hard drive to a new PC did you do a clean
    install of WinXP. If so, you will
    need the audio drivers for this PC. It may be a Sound Card or
    integrated audio chip on the Motherboard. Go to Control Panel>Sound and
    Audio Devices>Hardware Tab. See if there's any audio
    codecs there.
    "Joe 1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I had my hard drive moved to a new PC due to a power
    > supply failure. I now have some odd sounds from my audio
    > output during some hard drive or CDROM accesses. It does
    > not sound quite like the old analog modems carrying data
    > but it is not coherent sound. It lasts about 20 seconds
    > and then stops. I did have a marginal amount of memory
    > (128M) but now have about 680M and still have the problem.
    > Any ideas?

    Thanks for the response. I do have all the new drivers
    installed and running. Now that I have more memory
    installed it seems to have been solved.

Configuration Hard Drives Memory Windows XP