Conflict in memory?

a b } Memory
July 16, 2004 4:01:43 PM

I had my hard drive moved to a new PC due to a power
supply failure. I now have some odd sounds from my audio
output during some hard drive or CDROM accesses. It does
not sound quite like the old analog modems carrying data
but it is not coherent sound. It lasts about 20 seconds
and then stops. I did have a marginal amount of memory
(128M) but now have about 680M and still have the problem.
Any ideas?

More about : conflict memory

Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 16, 2004 5:06:59 PM

Joe, since you moved your hard drive to a new PC did you do a clean
install of WinXP. If so, you will
need the audio drivers for this PC. It may be a Sound Card or
integrated audio chip on the Motherboard. Go to Control Panel>Sound and
Audio Devices>Hardware Tab. See if there's any audio
codecs there.
"Joe 1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had my hard drive moved to a new PC due to a power
> supply failure. I now have some odd sounds from my audio
> output during some hard drive or CDROM accesses. It does
> not sound quite like the old analog modems carrying data
> but it is not coherent sound. It lasts about 20 seconds
> and then stops. I did have a marginal amount of memory
> (128M) but now have about 680M and still have the problem.
> Any ideas?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 17, 2004 9:58:39 AM

Thanks for the response. I do have all the new drivers
installed and running. Now that I have more memory
installed it seems to have been solved.

!