Noctua Fans in Dell XPS 730x

dedaciai

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell 730x (non - H2C) and would like to make it quieter. I was looking at the Noctua case and cpu fans and was wondering if they were compatible with the 730x?

The reason I ask is because the last time I had to change a case fan on an old dell it would only accept one kind of fan. I was wondering if that was the case with the 730x, too?

Thanks in advance,

John

I would remove them first to see how difficult they are to get to. And if you don't find any fans that you like, look at the rpm adjusters. Some have their own enclosure that mounts in a 5 1/4 bay for up to 4 fans. Those are around $30. I use single zalman fanmate adjusters, which are $5-7.

dedaciai

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Sorry o1die, I did not clarify my question, the old dell didn't recognize the new fan that I installed and would not turn on even though the new fan was the right size and did not exceed the computers specifications for Amps, Volts, etc.

And, to answer your question, I just checked to see how difficult they are to get to and the case fans are easy to get to, but the CPU fan looks to be a ah heck.

The last thing I want to do is purchase a fan and it physically not work in my computer. Any ideas if it a Noctua fan will work in a 730x?

Thanks again.

dedaciai

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Has anyone here upgraded cpu cooler fans and case fans in a dell xps 730x? Any advice or things I should be aware of when doing this besides sticking the new one in?

Thanks.