Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev:1.1

G

Ok I am new here may get laughed at but I feel I should ask. Have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev: 1.1 motherboard some how all books papers where lost don’t know how. I have bought everything but MEMORY - processor - and Video card. Have windows 7 64 bit. Hope that was the right way to go now that I have them. don’t care to speed all over the net just look up things play simple games and download movies. I just saw some Kingston memory - Kingston HyperX 4GB (2GBx2) DDR2 Dual Channel Memory KHX6400D2LLK2/4G, DDR2 800 (PC2-6400), 240-Pin, Unbuffered, Non-ECC some one said that 1066 would run really hot and not that much faster. I am all ears if anyone will tell me like it is. Thank you all very much. Bill

PS HAVE A LGA 775 SOCKET T Y

DDR2-800 works really well on that motherboard, particularly G.Skill PI Black and G.Skill HK which require 1.9V to run stable when installing 4 modules. I'm not familiar with the Kingston kit, but it requires a bit more voltage (1.95V) and it's slightly more expensive at Newegg. Make your life easy and buy a kit that's known to work well in that motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS