t3h3p1cn1nj4

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I recently purchased an EVGA GeForce 9800 gt and installed the hardware into my computer, a gateway dx4200-09. However when i try to install the drivers it says it can't find any matching hardware for the drivers on the disk.

Does anybody know why my graphics card wouldn't be detected by my CPU???

I have integrated ati radeon hd3200 graphics, but i disabled them and still nothing, I checked device manager and its not even listed under there. I can hear the graphics card fan turn on but nothing else seems to be functioning...
I also cant select any option for PCI-E as my default video setting in my BIOS. PCI is an option, as well as GFXO (or GFX0 im not sure which it is) GPP and IGFX, I know that IGFX is internal graphics and i dont want that, but what should i have this set to so that my PCI-E card is the default video?

Please help ^-^ really don't want to have to send this back.

Also i was wondering, could power be an issue in this? Because I don't think my PSU is good enough to power the card but i plan to replace it anyway, i just want to know if power could actually cause this.

t3h3p1cn1nj4

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I didnt connect a power cable to it because i didnt have the necissary cables running from my PSU to hook it up. If that extra power plug wasn't in could it happen? And thank you for the suggestion

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Then the card won't run properly. If that is the case then buy a PSU like the one I mentioned (vx450) and connect the 6-pin PCI-e connector to the card. Don't forget to assign the default video to PCI.