Graduating /sim bin?

I just graduated my first child from college, and she went to the sim
bin rather than her parents house - how does one get them to go to the
house they came from?

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Derek Lyons wrote:

> I just graduated my first child from college, and she went to the sim
> bin rather than her parents house - how does one get them to go to the
> house they came from?

When looking at the Sim Bin, select the graduate. Then select the home
she came from.

You will be asked, "Do you wish to combine households?" and you say yes.

Ta-Da... go on into the house, and there she is with her parents.

-georg

georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Derek Lyons wrote:
>
>> I just graduated my first child from college, and she went to the sim
>> bin rather than her parents house - how does one get them to go to the
>> house they came from?
>
>When looking at the Sim Bin, select the graduate. Then select the home
>she came from.
>
>You will be asked, "Do you wish to combine households?" and you say yes.
>
>Ta-Da... go on into the house, and there she is with her parents.

I thought of that method - but it creates a 'phantom' 20k simoleons
that I don't really want in the game.

D.
--

georg wrote:
> Derek Lyons wrote:
>
>> I just graduated my first child from college, and she went to the sim
>> bin rather than her parents house - how does one get them to go to the
>> house they came from?
>

> When looking at the Sim Bin, select the graduate. Then select the home
> she came from.
>
> You will be asked, "Do you wish to combine households?" and you say yes.
>
> Ta-Da... go on into the house, and there she is with her parents.

....Where she can live at home paying off college loans while working at
a Starbucks for $9 an hour.

--
--Cuth

Derek Lyons wrote:
> georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Derek Lyons wrote:
>>
>>> I just graduated my first child from college, and she went to the
>>> sim bin rather than her parents house - how does one get them to go
>>> to the house they came from?
>>
>> When looking at the Sim Bin, select the graduate. Then select the
>> home she came from.
>>
>> You will be asked, "Do you wish to combine households?" and you say
>> yes.
>>
>> Ta-Da... go on into the house, and there she is with her parents.
>
> I thought of that method - but it creates a 'phantom' 20k simoleons
> that I don't really want in the game.
>
> D.

That's the only way to get them back home again, though. The only other
option is to move them onto their own lot, but they are still going to get
that 20K. Why would that bother you?

Jeanie

Open the family with SimPE and take the money off them again. There's a
hack at Various Simmers called No20kHandouts which gives your sims a
proportion of the money they had in the house they have left. So if your
graduating sim lived in a household of 4 when they graduated, they would get
1/4 of the funds from that household when they moved out. At least, I think
that's how it works with Uni students. It does work that way for move outs
in the regular neighbourhoods.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php

Best wishes
Maxon

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>

> I thought of that method - but it creates a 'phantom' 20k simoleons
> that I don't really want in the game.
>
> D.
> --
> Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
>
> -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
> Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

>>Ta-Da... go on into the house, and there she is with her parents.
>
> I thought of that method - but it creates a 'phantom' 20k simoleons
> that I don't really want in the game.

Move her into her own lot. Invite another Sim to move in with her -
preferably an NPC as they will bring a minimum amout of money into the
household. Then have her parents invite her to live with them. She will
still bring some money with her, but not as much.

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>> I thought of that method - but it creates a 'phantom' 20k simoleons
>> that I don't really want in the game.
>>
>> D.
>
>That's the only way to get them back home again, though. The only other
>option is to move them onto their own lot, but they are still going to get
>that 20K. Why would that bother you?

Why shouldn't it? It's income that didn't come naturally to the
family.

D.
--

"Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote:

>>>Ta-Da... go on into the house, and there she is with her parents.
>>
>> I thought of that method - but it creates a 'phantom' 20k simoleons
>> that I don't really want in the game.
>>

>Move her into her own lot. Invite another Sim to move in with her -
>preferably an NPC as they will bring a minimum amout of money into the
>household. Then have her parents invite her to live with them. She will
>still bring some money with her, but not as much.

That's (almost) what I ultimately ended up doing. I created a
'phantom' sim and put him on a lot, then used the move in tool (part
of the Uni expansion) to move her in with him. The I called her from
her parents, etc.. etc..

D.
--

Derek Lyons wrote:

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>

>>>I thought of that method - but it creates a 'phantom' 20k simoleons
>>>that I don't really want in the game.
>>>
>>>D.
>>
>>That's the only way to get them back home again, though. The only other
>>option is to move them onto their own lot, but they are still going to get
>>that 20K. Why would that bother you?
>

> Why shouldn't it? It's income that didn't come naturally to the
> family.
>
> D.

Think of it as graduation bonuses. Nice educational system that pays you
to go school! Congrats, here's your starter capital as a graduation present!

Makes me wish I was a Sim.

-georg