Can't find CPU overclocking utility in the BIOS

twisted4000

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011
Well I looked allover my BIOS and I can't seem to find the utility that allows you to overclock the CPU, I've looked everywhere. It's an ECS board that came with a factory-made PC, but almost every part is replaced and upgraded now, though.

I've reset the BIOS and did all that, as well. I just can't find it anywhere, is there some sort of jumper on the motherboard that will unlock the CPU or something like that?

I'm kinda new to overclocking, but I think I know enough to understand what I'm doing, yes, I understand all the dangers and such on overclocking. It's an E5400 Dual-Core processor by Intel, clocked at 2.7GHz. I was planning on jacking it up a bit to 3.0-3.2GHz. Nothing really fancy, but I have my reasons to want it a bit higher.

When you clock at about 3.4GHz or so, I heard you need to set the voltage higher or something, well, I won't be doing that, I'm just gonna do a slight overclock. My cooling is fairly good, as well, the CPU is currently running at around 38C.

Please help, thanks.

Bonus question, I'm currently overclocking my GPU with software... someone once said that selecting the "apply overclocking at system startup" checkbox is bad to do... uh... is it?

Thanks again.