Sign in with
Your question

Help with Hyper 212+

Last response: in Overclocking
August 27, 2011 11:11:08 AM

Hello,

I'm having a heck of a time with this and I've tried multiple fixes, but non have worked, so I beseech the community for help.

I have a Hyper 212+ installed in my system. I have an issue just like what's here in this thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/267047-29-help-instal...

Now, I can get, with a bit of force on the sides that won't go down all the way, them to screw in. The problem I'm running into is that it's causing Windows to set half of my 8GB of ram as Hardware Reserved. I've tried multiple ways, methods, everything with installing this thing and I have the same issue with the retaining bracket not wanting to go in right.

To try and fix the memory issue, I've tried the deleting the partition and reinstalling fix, checking to see if maximum memory was checked in MSConfig (it wasn't). As far as I can tell, Memory Remapping isn't available in my BIOS settings.

System Information:

Mobo: ASRock 870 Exteme3 R.2.0
CPU: Phenom x4 955 BE
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Any help is very much appriciated! Thank you =D

More about : hyper 212

a b K Overclocking
August 27, 2011 1:36:41 PM

i dont get what you are asking. your cooler wont affect how windows reads its ram. if the ram isnt reading, you do not have it installed correctly. perhaps its a bad stick.

the 212+ its very thin, so you shouldnt have any clearance issues with the RAM. this is the first post ive read about the two.

this really sounds more like a RAM issue, not your cooler.
m
l
August 27, 2011 5:18:58 PM

Issue with the ram doesn't conflict with the cooler, could be a faulty ram, or you have installed it incorrectly. Take it out, clean the slot and put it back in till it clicks.
m
l
August 27, 2011 7:27:44 PM

Thanks for the help, guys!

I swapped slots on the RAM and that seemed to do the trick at first. The issue came back. But, I found the solution. I've been doing some OC work and the OC I was doing on the RAM was causing the issue. I toned it down and the problem disappeared.

Now, I have to redo Windows =/ lol. I'll just come here first if I have any more issues, :) 
m
l
!