Recommendations for an internal DVD burner?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the top few best DVD burners for a new build.

So far, these 2 seem to be fairly highly rated/popular...

Lite-On iHAS424-98

ASUS DRW-24B1ST

Are there any others I should be considering? I heard the Samsung SH-S223Q was supposed to be good too, but I haven't found it yet.

Also, if there are any must have features, please point those out.

Thanks,
-TG
6 answers Last reply
More about recommendations internal burner
  1. Lite-On iHAS424-98

I own 4 of these and they all run smooth!The asus is a nice unit but i prefer the lite on!

if this helps vote best answer!
  2. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Lite-On iHAS424-98

I own 4 of these and they all run smooth!The asus is a nice unit but i prefer the lite on!

if this helps vote best answer!

You got a "why" for me?...Or a "best/top DVD burner" article/link? That would help more than anything and be up for a best answer pick.
  3. I personally like the IHAS424 because it can report raw error rates - that means you can use programs such as Nero DiscSpeed to get a very accurate picture of how good your burns are. Just playing a burned DVD tells you nothing about burn quality because the ECC codes correct problems on the fly - the disk may be just barely readable and you'd never know it. Drives that can do this seem to be few and far between.
  4. yes they are nice!
  5. Anyone else have an opinion?
  6. TopGun said:
    Anyone else have an opinion?

I just bought the lite on this morning. Never had a problem with and lite on that came with a few of my old computers. Got it from amazon.com for the same price with free shipping.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers DVD Burner Burner New Build Storage Product