automatic internet connection on startup

July 17, 2004 5:50:16 AM

My friend is running freeserve/wannado and when they star-
up it automatically connects to the internet. how do i
stop this?
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 9:54:38 PM

"steve" <scgeordi@aol.com> wrote:

>My friend is running freeserve/wannado and when they star-
>up it automatically connects to the internet. how do i
>stop this?

Check your startup settings to find out what is causing this.
Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
- the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
- the Registry keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
- the folders
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

--
(tm)