M4a785td m evo - CD/DVD drive audio connection.

Hi all.

Just bought one of these and cannot see anywhere how to attach the CD/DVD audio cable. I am using the 80 core IDE cable in the only IDE socket, but there is no sign of the usual analogue or digital sockets ( black or white) for the audio cable. The manual is silent on the matter. I want to use the on-board sound facility as there is not room to plug in another sound card.

I'm sure the solution must be obvious but I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about m4a785td drive audio connection
  1. You may have a 4 pin cd sound cable, or 9 pin case connector for the front sound port. Both pin sets are located next to the main board ports where the backplate is. Check your board manual; it should be easy to figure out since the board printout is always included with pin locations.
  2. Thanks for the reply. I have since heard from Asus Tech Support that there is no CD input on this board. I have also seen from other sources that these cables are no longer required. I believe you configure the CD to give digital output and the IDE cable takes it. As soon as I get the machine built and OS loaded etc., I'll find out if that is actually the case.

Thanks again.
  3. Update to the last. Now built. The CD drive defaulted to digital output and works fine with the on-board sound. Suspect would have to use the 4 core audio cable with an add-on sound card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Audio CD-Rom Cable Motherboards