Sign in with
Your question

M4a785td m evo - CD/DVD drive audio connection.

Last response: in Motherboards
January 18, 2010 11:45:15 AM

Hi all.

Just bought one of these and cannot see anywhere how to attach the CD/DVD audio cable. I am using the 80 core IDE cable in the only IDE socket, but there is no sign of the usual analogue or digital sockets ( black or white) for the audio cable. The manual is silent on the matter. I want to use the on-board sound facility as there is not room to plug in another sound card.

I'm sure the solution must be obvious but I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 18, 2010 1:25:06 PM

You may have a 4 pin cd sound cable, or 9 pin case connector for the front sound port. Both pin sets are located next to the main board ports where the backplate is. Check your board manual; it should be easy to figure out since the board printout is always included with pin locations.
January 19, 2010 9:15:32 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have since heard from Asus Tech Support that there is no CD input on this board. I have also seen from other sources that these cables are no longer required. I believe you configure the CD to give digital output and the IDE cable takes it. As soon as I get the machine built and OS loaded etc., I'll find out if that is actually the case.

Thanks again.
January 26, 2010 6:37:49 AM

Update to the last. Now built. The CD drive defaulted to digital output and works fine with the on-board sound. Suspect would have to use the 4 core audio cable with an add-on sound card.
!