Sign in with
Your question

First time trying to cool my comp...

Last response: in Overclocking
August 28, 2011 6:04:02 AM

Hey guys and gals,
As of yesterday, i've had problems with my card apperantly (would crash and give me the driver stop responding error) not beeing temperture controlled right.. so i used the Hyperdrive option on Asus Smartdoctor (I have Asus Geforce GTX570) and since than everything seems to be awesome.. Altough i only managed to check the awesomeness under full fan speeds of the rig.. Antec Twelve hundered with 7 build in fans.. (http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/global/product.php?id=N...)

Anyway, im wondering, since ive heard the GTX570 can get into a furnace, and i want my computer to work silent.. which of the following should i buy (as they are the best the shop near me can offer) :
1).Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Liquid Cooling System
2).Corsair Hydro H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

If they both fail to deliver, please suggest other means..

More about : time cool comp

a b K Overclocking
August 28, 2011 4:33:57 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to do. You're having GPU cooling issues but are looking at CPU coolers?

First off, you shouldn't be overheating. How is your airflow set up (i.e. which fans are intake and which are exhaust)? The Asus GPU coolers pull air from behind the case and exhaust it internally, which means you need to adjust your airflow set up accordingly to get rid of that heat. Do you have a side fan and if so, which way is it pulling the air? (There are arrows on the side of the fan that show you the direction of the air)

Secondly, the CPU shouldn't be the problem, and you don't need to be looking at CPU coolers. The CPU surprisingly doesn't produce a lot of heat compared to the GPU. Additionally, adding a LCS A) doesn't necessarily make your computer silent, and B) won't matter in terms of noise because you have a GPU on 100% fan speed and 7 case fans, presumably on 100% fan speed.

m
l
August 28, 2011 6:23:56 PM

Sorry, as i said, im new to it.. didn't know it was CPU cooling.. any solution for GPU's?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 28, 2011 6:26:02 PM

Well like I said, the main thing I'd be concerned about is airflow. I've had 2x470s crammed together in an Antec 300, and they topped out at 65C.

It's all about the airflow on this one - there's no reason a single GPU should be overheating in a full tower with 7 fans. Take a look at how your fans are directed.
m
l
!